Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Christmas in July 2018 - Day Seventeen


Moving on to the How to Display category and today we have Christmas Cards.  How do you display the cards you receive?


We have a decorative basket and they all go in there.  After Christmas, I take them out and put them in chronological order - family first and then friends from England, California, Saipan, Florida, Illinois, Virginia, Rhode Island, and Washington.  It's a little trip around the world through the album! 


 I found this idea on Pinterest some years ago that I'd like to try.  Those are shutters painted red; they are attached to the wall but you could just as easily prop them up instead.  I also saw an idea at a friend's house last Christmas where she hung garland around a door, starting at the bottom left, going over the door, and ending on the bottom right and then she used small decorative clothespins (so many cute designs come out with the Christmas craft supplies) to attach the cards.  I hope we have a convenient doorway in our forever home.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely with the shutters! I use ribbons and attach them to the ribbon which I hang on the staircase or just put them on display in the armoire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideal with shutters. Could paint a snowman on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shutter idea...
    I put out a decorative basket and we drop them in there after they're opened and read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago I found a wire wreath at Pier 1 imports that we tuck all our cards into. Once the season is over I punch a hole through a corner of the cards or postcards and put them altogether with a metal ring thing from the store so we have a little flip album we can look through.

    ReplyDelete