Wednesday, September 30, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

 

It's the last Wednesday of the month, time to see what's been going on.

1.  WHAT I'M EATING

Cooking for one is a bore!  I usually cook up a pot of something over the weekend and that takes care of dinners.  My favorite go-to is Pastured Kitchen's Lamb Korma, so delicious.  I usually halve the spices because I don't like it too spicy.


My current favorite for lunches is Costco's Street Tacos.  One tray takes care of the week.


The Cilantro Lime Crema is available by the bottle.

2.  WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT

Our days in Rhode Island.  I'm working on 2007-2012, our Rhode Island years, in the Christmas memory album.  I loved our house, what we thought was going to be our forever home before Vic's career took a new turn and Rhode Island would never be in the cards for a future assignment.  I still dream that Sophia will says she wants to move back to Rhode Island and off we will all go!

3.  WHAT I'M LOVING

All the fall colors in amazing photos posted on Facebook and Instagram.  I'm kicking myself for not saving the gorgeous one I saw earlier today because now I can't find it anywhere.  I did, however, snap this pumpkin gloriousness when I was out this weekend.


4.  WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO

Work
Scrapbook
Sleep

Repeat

It's just a whirlwind around here, lol!

5.  WHAT I'M DREADING

Vic not being able to come home for Christmas.

6.  WHAT I'M WORKING ON

My December Daily 2018 album, 25 years of Christmas memories.  I'm up to year 16 now, 9 more to go.  I.will.be #donebydecember.

7.  WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT

The news I heard yesterday that there is a glimmer of hope for Christmas travel from overseas...please, please, please.

8.  WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING

Almost finished with the first book of the The Village School series by Gervase Phinn.  I've started watching When Calls the Heart on Netflix - I can't remember where I left off so I started at the beginning.  And, of course, The Great British Baking Show on Fridays.


9.  WHAT I'M LISTENING TO

Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees, a real throwback.


10.  WHAT I'M WEARING

Work clothes or comfy clothes, it just depends on the day of the week and the time of day!

11.  WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND

Heading out to the Hallmark Ornament Debut to pick up my ornaments (I think I have two coming in) and organizing the garage - be still my heart, the weekend is going to be more thrilling than I can bear!

12.  WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH

Heading up to see Sophia for the weekend.  Must.take.out.second.mortgage - lol!

13.  WHAT ELSE IS NEW

Anyone else having a hard time believing it is OCTOBER tomorrow???

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post! Sounds like you manage to keep occupied, makes that "alone" time easier I'm sure. Hallmark Christmas movies start on 10/23, I'm looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, September really did seem to fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. October... oh no the leaves will fall soon... I love the colors of Autumn. I sure hope Vic gets to come back for Christmas. Had not visited in awhile had lost the link ... geez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, how did it get to be OCTOBER already?!?!

    ReplyDelete