Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 402

Check out this week's Hodgepodge here and join us!

1. What advice would you give yourself as we begin this new year?

My word for the year is ACCEPT, right on the heels of 2020's word ADAPT.  I had to adapt to a lot of things last year in Vic's absence.  Although we made major decisions together via FaceTime, it was the on the ground experiences that I had to handle alone.  Things like dealing with contractors and making minor changes around the house (nothing too high or too heavy) while still working full-time.  My advice to myself this year would be to accept what I can handle and find a workaround for anything I cannot.

2. If you could throw a themed party for yourself what would the theme be?

A lot of ideas came to mind when I thought about this one - something to do with England like an afternoon tea, or a black tie and formal gowns champagne and appetizer party, or something fun like a games night with game-related costumes and game stations set up all over for guests to play their favorites.  And how could I forget a Christmas-themed party, the possibilities are endless.

3. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20-21.

When I was 20-21, I was living in California and working for the local cable company.  I had NOT listened to my parents' advice, gotten married at 18, and things were starting to unravel.  I learned a lot of hard lessons.  I was definitely living the make a dollar, spend five lifestyle, more foolish choices, more hard lessons.  I am thankful for the unconditional love of my parents, who were always there for me and helped me pick up the pieces.

4. What's on the menu at your house this week?

I'm giving the Whole 30 another go and investigating keto.  A friend of mine recently lost 130 pounds in 18 months and looks fabulous.  Better yet, she's off all of her meds, has consistently great results on her labs, and feels amazing.  So protein, vegetables, limited fruits, and healthy fats.  I've discovered the Primal Kitchen brand of sauces which really jazz up plain meals.  Their Buffalo Sauce is one of my favorites.

 

5. What should you do more of this year? Less of? 

Drink more water, read more books, spend less money.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Along with the newly discovered Primal Kitchen sauces and salad dressings, I'm going to experiment with my new culinary drawing decorating spoons.  I picked these up from Amazon and I love to decorate with a drizzle of sauce or salad dressing.  

8 comments:

  1. Pamela,

    I enjoyed reading your answers. The one good thing the pandemic has brought to my life is exploring new recipes and fulfilling that desire to do more in the kitchen that I never seemed to have the time to do like I wanted. Decorating spoons...how cool! Have a wonderfully Wild Wednesday! Have a blessed 2021!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post, Pamela. I enjoy getting to know you better through the answers to these questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your party ideas. I love a good party with an awesome theme. Maybe someday covid will go away and we can have another party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your party ideas. I'd love a fancy dress party with gowns and champagne. Will that ever be a thing again? Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Accept and Release (my word) about the same. Enjoyed your party theme ideas...invite me please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have a scrapbooking party, I'll come! I actually flew to WA once before for a stamping weekend with a friend. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pamela, those are both great year words! I enjoyed reading your answers. I'm running a little late in getting around to hodgepodgers this week. Hope you and Vic are reunited in the same state/country soon! My party is an English Pub party! Love to go to tea, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete