Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 404

Check out this week's Hodgepodge here and join us! 

1. What's something we'd find you doing most afternoons? 

During the week, I am at work.  I'm the Department Secretary for the Engineering and Planning Department at the local shipyard.  I have a boss, our department head, and four other division managers in our office suite so I look after them all.  In the afternoon, I take care of the timekeeping for twenty people and work on whatever else comes across my desk - correspondence, travel arrangements, awards, etc.  I really like the office atmosphere and the people I work with are wonderful.

On the weekends, the afternoons usually mean a cup of tea and a movie.  I get up very early on weekdays, 4:30am and am out of the house until 5:00pm which means there is a lot to do in the few hours between walking in the door and going to bed so weekends are for relaxing.

2. Who do you take after? In what way(s)? 

My Mum.  She was a worrier and so am I!

3. 'After every storm comes a rainbow' or 'the calm before the storm'...which phrase do you relate to more right now? Tell us why? 

'After every storm comes a rainbow' certainly applies to the last twelve months and the next six while Vic has been/is gone if you can consider his absence a storm and his homecoming the rainbow.  It's also 'the calm before the storm' because he's only home for a month and then he's off again and it's a bit more complicated this time because we have to get a new vehicle and get him settled in a new place to live.  Hopefully, it will only be a year but it could be three.  Either way, it's back in the continental USA, just a flight away.

4.What are your plans for the day after tomorrow? 

Thursday - drive to the Park & Ride, take the commuter bus to work, work all day, take the commuter bus back to the Park & Ride, drop my library book, pick up my prescriptions at the drive-through pharmacy (since COVID, they have been closed on Saturdays so it's a race to get there after work), and then head home.

5. Complete this sentence-"After all is said and done_____________________."

After all is said and done, don't look back, it's over.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Inauguration Day today.  Praying for a peaceful transition to the new administration and good things to follow.

5 comments:

  1. I'm praying that Vic will be back in June (no more delays!) and I'm thrilled to hear that he'll be posted here in the US. Just knowing he's on the same continent and only a flight away will be so great for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your hubs returns home without any further complications. Being at least on the same land mass will help I'm sure. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I thought Vic would be stationed where you are when he comes back this summer. But at least it will be on the same continent! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your days are full and very busy and it's great that you enjoy your job. And, I'm sure you cherish your weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela,

    In our 41 years of marriage there was only one period where DH had to work far away from us but thankfully he was able to come home once a month. That helped a lot. I can't imagine not seeing him for months on end.

    Thanks for sharing your answers. I hope when you find time, you'll stop by for a visit with me at Curious as a Cathy!

    ReplyDelete