Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Blogger Woes


I love to blog, I love to read other blogs, and I love comments, leaving them and receiving them.  Lately, I've been having a major problem and I have no idea how to fix it.  I have no problem at all receiving comments - if you comment on my blog, I receive an email saying that you have commented.  If I leave a comment on a blog, however, I get this in my email:


It's not very clear above - this is what it says:

The response from the remote server was:
550 5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of yahoo.com domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the DMARC initiative.

I've followed the link to learn more about the DMARC initiative but I'm sorry, it's like reading something in a foreign language.  I've called and asked everyone that I know who might have an inkling of how to fix this with no success.  The title of the link's page is "Control Unauthenticated Mail from your Domain".  I can't even understand the title, let alone what follows.  Does anyone know how one would contact the administrator of yahoo.com domain?

I'm still trying to figure this out, or to find someone who can help (if you're reading this and you're that person, please get in touch with me!) but in the meantime, rest assured that if you're on my blog list, I read your posts faithfully.  I try very hard to get through all of the links on a meme although this week, I have been so frustrated I even failed at that.  I am commenting although you may never know that unless you go back to your post and read the comments under it.  Crazily enough, it appears that a few comments have actually gotten through to various bloggers' emails which adds a new level of confusion to the whole ordeal!

Bear with me, I'm here, I'm reading, I'm commenting, and hopefully soon, you'll see that in your email.

4 comments:

  1. No help from me. I just googled your problem and the explanation from Google about Yahoo's DMARC policy made no sense. I occasionally get emails from Yahoo telling me to update something, but I do not have a Yahoo email, only Google, so wouldn't Google notify me? I should just write letters or send postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what the problem is! But I do know that I am one of the blogger's who does not receive your comments via email. I have started looking at my posts the next day because there are a few people along with you who do not come through.

    This doesn't solve your problem, but last year I switched from Yahoo mail to Google mail. I was having some issues, and my husband got completely locked out of his Yahoo mail. Even calls to customer service could not resolve it. So I switched to Gmail as a preventative measure. It's nice to have the blog, my email, and my calendar all through Google.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have already done this but check the settings on you blog commenting. I have a vague memory of having a similar problem and it was somewhere on the blog settings. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure either, but I do know that YAHOO has been having major issues. My brother (also my server) had me sign out and unsubscribe from anything YAHOO. Hope you find out soon what the issue is.

    ReplyDelete