Wednesday, April 26, 2017

V is for Village Life


If I had an unlimited supply of time and money, I'd take this next book and travel from village to village.


The British Automobile Association (AA) has some wonderful publications - published in 1980, AA's Book of British Villages is only available now from third-party sellers but if you can find a copy, it's a wonderful guide to 700 of the most interesting and attractive villages in Britain.

It has my old favorite:


As well as a village that's been featured in my Tuesday feature, If this is Tuesday, it must be England (or, in this case, Scotland):


AA's Book of British Villages is among my treasured possessions - Reader's Digest really offered some great books and they continue to have great titles available.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter gave me 'Village Walks in Britain' by AA and also I have on my 'England shelves' the books 'Short Walks in English Towns' and 'The English Country Town,' among others. I bet we'd have a lot of fun comparing bookshelves! We probably have many of the same titles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post title caught my eye. I recently started watching "Escape to the Country" where city dwellers in England look for homes in the country. I love seeing the countryside and the villages.

    You're right, that book is a treasure!

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting book to read! It would be fun to plan a trip to England using that book and learning more about each of the villages.

    ReplyDelete