Monday, July 17, 2017

Christmas in July - Day Seventeen


A couple of rustic ornaments caught my eye on Pinterest - there are endless possibilities with wood slices, twigs, twine, and assorted embellishments.





And while we're on the subject of ornaments, it was the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Premiere this weekend and I picked up a couple, ok more than a couple, of ornaments to add to my collection.


Top row:  Harry Potter Gringotts Wizarding Bank and A Dangerous Game, Elf, and Christmas Vacation's A Star-Spangled Spectacle
Second row:  Daughter, Fit for a Princess, Pull-a-Tune Xylophone
Third row:  O Play-Doh Tree, Congrats Grad!, Our Family, Happy Howlidays
Miniatures:  The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Winter Fun with Snoopy, Tiny Chatter Telephone

I was disappointed when we moved back to Virginia to find that my local Hallmark store had closed.  I loved the lady who owned it, Hannah, she was always so welcoming and helpful and the store had a very homey feeling.  I was very happy to see that she is now working at the Hallmark store I went to on Saturday.  It was lovely to see her again.

I hadn't intended to buy any ornaments until they came out at our local Marine Exchange as they are 20% off there and there is no sales tax but as you can see from the photo above, I couldn't wait.  I have no will power when it comes to Hallmark.  I did hold off on buying the more expensive Disney and Peanuts ornaments; I'll save those for the Marine Exchange!

Did you shop at the Ornament Premiere?

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your Hallmark store!!! wish we had one of these here :(

    Love the little sleds made with popsicle sticks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice haul from Hallmark! I didn't make it there this weekend. I hope you had some great rewards to use. They had so many special offers locally for reward members.

    ReplyDelete