Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 7/17/2017



It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in .

The weather:::

Another gloriously (not!) hot, humid, and thunderstorming week.


On my reading pile:::
Finished Dear Bob and Sue, it was a great read and also knocked out Lilac Girls.  I'm moving on to Everyone Brave is Forgiven.  On my Kindle, I have the first of the Keep the Home Fires Burning e-books, Spitfire Down.

On my TV:::
Haven't started Suits yet.  Vic and I had a Roger Moore as 007 marathon last week and I've been catching up on My Mother and Other Strangers on PBS.

On the menu for this week:::

Vic's traveling so it's snack nights.  Small group from church on Wednesday - bring your own meat and a side dish to share so I'm taking lumpia.


On my to-do list:::

  • Pick up lumpia and decide what meat to take to small group (a burger probably - Fresh Market has some yummy looking gourmet offerings)
  • Volunteer shift at the gift shop
  • Lunch Bunch - it's Peruvian this month
  • Pick Vic up at the airport - not sure when as he always tries to get on an earlier flight if they finish up in time
  • Pick up birthday card and gift card for my nephew
  • Mail wedding card to my cousin
  • See Dunkirk at the movies sometime this weekend

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Hoping to get some scrapbooking done while Vic is gone this week.

Looking around the house:::

One load of laundry to do.

From the camera:::


MudLynn on a hike this weekend

Something fun to share:::


Scored this great deal on four of these Easter plates at Williams-Sonoma yesterday - $14.95 each reduced to $4.99 and then 30% off on top of that!

What I'm wearing today:::
Purple sun dress,  flip flops.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that puppy photo - too cute! I've never watched Suits, but would like to if I can find season 1 somewhere. It is so hard to follow shows these days with all the different start and stop times, cable channels, pay cable, etc....

    Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the hot & humid this week as well but no thunderstorms. What a cute dog! Great deal on the Easter plates, very cute. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Peruvian lunch sounds interesting. I don't know what they eat there except maybe rice and beans and coffee. Hope you enjoy it.

    Visiting from Happy Homemaker Monday. Here's my post. http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2017/07/happy-homemaker-monday-july-17-2017.html
    Enjoy your week!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Easter plate - what a great bargain. Enjoyed your Monday post as always!

    ReplyDelete