Monday, July 24, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 7/24/2017



It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in .

The weather:::

More of the same - another gloriously (not!) hot, humid, and thunderstorming week.  I was alarmed to see that Seattle has not had any rain in 35 days - that nonsense must stop!  This girl is going to need her Washington rain when she gets back there (hopefully soon).


On my reading pile:::
Still working on Everyone Brave is Forgiven but I'm finding it a little slow going.  I finished the first of the Keep the Home Fires Burning e-books, Spitfire Down, my goodness it went quickly.  In hindsight, I guess the story was just enough content for a TV episode.  Please, please, someone do away with that dreadful Bob Simms.

On my TV:::
It was a binge-watching week with Vic away - Agatha Raisin on Acorn TV, delightful sleuthing episodes in the Cotswolds and Season 3 of Madam Secretary.

On the menu for this week:::

Vic's traveling AGAIN so it's more snack nights.  I have leftover steak, Mexican rice, and black beans that will work for a couple of nights of quesadillas.

On my to-do list:::

  • Rudolph Day tomorrow 
  • Haircut
  • Volunteer shift at the gift shop

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
If I say nothing, maybe I'll get something done and be able to report on it next Monday!

Looking around the house:::
Laundry, mop floors.

From the camera:::


We went out to brunch when I picked Vic up at the airport on Saturday morning.  President Trump was coming to the base for the commissioning of the Navy's newest aircraft carrier and I knew the traffic would be crazy so we stayed away.  This was my breakfast, a Farmer Wrap of scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese all wrapped up and covered in sausage gravy - amazing!

Something fun to share:::


I picked up this little gem at Bed, Bath & Beyond - fabulous!  Made very short work of cleaning the tub/shower.  $39.99 - 20% coupon = a bargain.

What I'm wearing today:::
Navy blue dress covered in palm trees, white sandals.  I'm off to drop Vic at the airport and then down to Whole Paycheck Foods!

3 comments:

  1. You always find the best bargains! Now, I'm itching to go search for my Bed, Bath, & Beyond coupons and do a little shopping. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breakfast does indeed look amazing.
    What is a Rudolph Day?
    Visiting from Happy Homemaker Monday,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    Another Happy Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago, members of our Christmas community began to observe "Rudolph Day" on the 25th of each month.
      On that day, we take a few moments to plan some simple tasks for the month ahead, in order to get ready for Christmas Day with plenty of time to spare. By starting early--and working a bit at a time on each month's Rudolph Day--it's easy to prepare for Christmas, save money on gifts, and cut holiday stress.

      There's a whole post on this month a little further up on my blog.

      Delete