Monday, April 26, 2021

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Partly cloudy all week but warming up to 71 degrees on Thursday, more rain for the weekend.


On my reading pile:::
Didn't make it to the library this weekend so I'm still working on Cathy Woodman's It's a Vet's Life from my bookshelves.

On my TV:::
In honor of ANZAC Day, I re-watched Anzac Girls on Amazon Prime, excellent series.



It was just one series and when it ended, London Hospital came up as a recommendation so now I'm working my way through that.

\
Checked off the list:::
This week in the house sale process in Rhode Island, the railing for the deck was completed, estimates were obtained for the oil tank replacement, and the appraisal was completed.  We won't know the results from the appraisal for about a week. 

Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on the 2009 Family Album with Phase I (adhering photos and borders) complete, now I'm working on journaling and embellishments.  I'm into May.

And in other news:::
A wonderful Administrative Professionals Day on Wednesday - my co-workers presented me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a lovely card with such kind words.  Then they all approached my desk to tell me once again how much they appreciate all I do for the department and presented me with a special award for my work as the COVID vaccine coordinator.  I count myself very fortunate to work with such amazing people.

Sadly, that was the last time I was smiling at the end of last week - my cousin called to say another one of our cousins died from COVID-related complications, and on Saturday, the most devastating news of all, my dear friend Sharon in California lost her battle with lung cancer.  We had been friends since 1978 when I started working at the cable tv company.  I have wonderful memories of the times we spent together and even though our Navy life has kept us apart in recent years, we have that friendship that you always read about - we could go for weeks without talking but when we spoke on the phone, it was like we were together just the day before.  Then the news that the Indonesian Navy found wreckage from their missing submarine and 53 lives were lost.  Submarine safety is such a big part of what we do at work.  Such a tragedy.


The last time Sharon and I were together - our trip to California for Dad's memorial service

3 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy for the losses you experienced last week. I've been praying for the families of the submariners, first that they would be found, now for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the losses you had last week, and will be thinking of those submariners from Indonesia. Thanks for the tips on the Amazon Prime shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about all the losses you had this week.

    ReplyDelete