Saturday, November 4, 2023

30-Day Decluttering Challenge - Day Four

 

Day Four - Clean out Your Silverware Drawer


A quick review of my silverware yielded a set of eight knives, forks, dessert forks, soup spoons, and teaspoons.  Two of the five serving pieces of this set, the sugar spoon and butter knife, are in the far left-hand section (along with four very old long-handled ice cream sundae spoons).  The other three serving pieces - large fork, large spoon, and large perforated spoon - are in another drawer.

I bought the set, Emile by Mikasa, recently at Costco.  I bought a second set because I really liked the pattern and I'm glad I did.  I'm having a tea in December and since I'm having ten guests, the time to open the second box of silverware is now.

There's quite a bit of room left over so I store cork trivets, can openers, egg slicers, and my cheese grater on the right side of the drawer.

No decluttering needed here!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that drawer looks nice! I like the wood organizer that you have. Ours is plastic- definitely not as nice of a look but it suffices :). I like the simple design of your silverware as well. It would look good with any tablescape. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete