Monday, November 6, 2023

Hello Monday - November 6, 2023

 

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

Friday was a day for the week's episode of The Great British Baking Show, run the dishwasher, shower, a drop at the charity shop, and then home for some laundry until Vic came home mid-afternoon to go with me to my appointment at the Work Injury Clinic but I completely spaced on the time.  My appointments are always 2:00pm but for some reason, this one was 11:30am which I didn't discover until gone noon.  I called to apologize and they rescheduled me for December 18.  Not sure why I'm still going if my surgery is scheduled, and by December 18 it will be over, but I guess their records have to show that I'm still checking in.

Anyway, since my appointment was a no-go, we went to Costco instead and picked up a pizza there for dinner.

Up early on Saturday for the first craft show of the season and our annual photo shot with our Starbucks holiday drinks.  This is always one of the first photos in my December Daily.


The craft fair is a fundraiser for a local high school's grad night and there were lots of fun vendors.


This apron would make a fun white elephant gift!


A photo with the holiday inflatables is also an annual event.  This year it was windy and raining so they were inside.


Next stop, Michaels, where Christmas is everywhere.  So much fun wall art and pillows!


These four nutcrackers were cute - oops, make that three nutcrackers and Vic!  He's such a character, always willing to pose for a photo op.


This is me this year!


I was looking for Heidi Swapp's Minc machine - you run something through a laser printer and then place it in a transfer folder and run it through the machine.  Hey presto, beautiful foiling.  I couldn't resist this at Joann's - $181.49 on sale for $108.88 and then down to $92.56 with the military discount.  Merry Christmas to me! 


Here's the difference between a plain tag (left) and a tag that has been run through the Minc (right).


Sunday was a very quiet day as Vic wasn't feeling well.  He was supposed to work his last shift on the media team at the church we used to attend and then come home to pick me up to go to our new church and attend a Newcomers' Lunch to meet the staff after the service.  I called early in the morning to say we wouldn't be able to make it.  Just before noon, I got a call from the church to check on Vic and to ask if they could bring us lunch.  Wow, super friendly and such a nice gesture.  Vic was sleeping and Malone was out of the way when Karen arrived, bearing two plates of lunch and two salads.  So thoughtful.

I spent the rest of the day scrapbooking while Vic was dozing in the wing chair in the office.  He felt better this morning and went off to work.

And that was our weekend!  My Prime Purchases will be up in a separate post.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend; I love your new Christmas gift. Glad to hear that Vic is already feeling better and how sweet of your church friends to take such good care of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a festive weekend! We had our first holiday drinks this weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your husband was sick but how amazing that the church brought you lunch. And I need to get to Michael's one of these days...!

    ReplyDelete