Tuesday, April 16, 2024

N is for Napkin

 

I love to experiment with napkins folds for special occasion meals.  I have several books on the art of napkin folding and You Tube has brought the designs to life, making it so much easier to follow along with the intricate folding techniques.

One thing I found when researching afternoon teas is that almost all of the table settings feature a simple folded napkin.  I think this goes along with "simple and elegant" and doesn't take away anything from the table setting that will evolve as the tiered server and tea pot(s) are brought to your table.

One thing all afternoon teas have in common is that the napkin will be a beautiful piece of cloth, freshly starched, and is most special when it is gently shaken and placed on your lap by your server.


4 comments:

  1. There are books about napkin folding? Ok, I know what I am going to be searching on Amazon in a second! Have a great Tuesday :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to experiment with fancy folded napkins too! But I almost always opt for a simple napkin ring with the center pulled through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my every day go-to. I have so many cute napkin rings.

      Delete
  3. We try doing different sorts of napkin folds for Thanksgiving. We try to get the kids involved. It's fun.
    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side: 2024 A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons.

    ReplyDelete