Friday, April 26, 2024

W is for Watercress

Watercress isn't something I usually look for in the produce department so I'm not even sure if it's available at Safeway or Fred Meyer, I'll have to look next time I'm there.


Watercress is most often found on an afternoon tea tiered server on the sandwich tier.  Mixed with egg mayonnaise, it makes a delicious sandwich filling.



I've posted several photos of finger sandwiches and the egg and watercress is quite easy to spot (third from the left on the plate above).  What varies, however, is the amount of watercress that is featured.  Some sandwiches have a few sprigs here and there, others have watercress finely chopped and incorporated into the egg mayonnaise.  It has a mild peppery flavor so less is definitely more.

Have you tasted watercress or perhaps grown your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment