Monday, April 28, 2014

The Week Ahead - April 28

Outside my window...temperatures fairly consistent this week, mid-60s to mid-70s range but it looks like we are in for a whole lot of rain.  That's ok as long as I don't have to be out in it!
 
I am STILL thinking...about moving - when, where, how?  Still no orders and even with that, it doesn't look like blogging every day is going to happen anytime soon...bear with me.

I am thankful...for a safe arrival for Vic at his current destination...and no matter how much I moan about the weather getting warmer, it's still cooler here than at his location.

From the kitchen...fish.  I bought a big bag of tilapia so it will be breaded, fried, grilled.

I am hearing...nothing.
 
One of my favorite things...the discovery of things thought lost when you come to start the clean-out before moving.

I am STILL reading...Navy Wife by Debbie Macomber...quick and easy.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...turnover meeting for one of my volunteer positions on Tuesday, lunch and shopping with the spouses' group on Wednesday, Little Black Dress: Styles and Stages leadership event on Thursday, training a new volunteer at the Tidewater Collection on Friday and the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament event on Saturday.  Yes, it's only May but the Premiere Weekend is still scheduled for July.  This Saturday's event is billed as a Dream Book Party - sounds like they are making an event of the availability of the ornament catalog.  I had my event last week - I'm such a good customer that my Hallmark retailer gave me the book early!

College Update...no change - still waiting for housing deposit due date - sometime after May 1 - and FIGs (First-Year Interest Groups) application date - May 19. 

Volunteer Update...one turnover scheduled, will discuss the status of the second position at the board meeting on May 7th.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...working on a weekend in DC for the European Union Embassies' Open House and a visit to the Holocaust Museum as a getaway for Vic and I when he gets home.


Closing out the Month of the Military Child with this throwback to our Florida days.  So proud that despite all the moving, deployments, separations, and other trials of military life, Sophia grew up into a lovely, well-rounded young woman.  And extra BZs to my amazing hubby, seen here as a lowly junior enlisted sailor (only a few steps up from the deck-swabbing stage) who has accomplished so much.  Ok, bragging over!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I love finding something I thought I had lost, it's almost like buying something new!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete