Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 300


Time to Hodgepodge - Volume 300, can you believe it?  Thank you, Joyce, for all your hard work!

1.  What is one area of your life where you're a perfectionist?  Is that a good thing?

I like symmetry.  I like to see things lined up, stacked, or shelved in order.  I suppose it's a good thing in that people comment how organized I am.

2.  What's something you find perfectly ridiculous?

The cost of taking your family to the theater, a concert, or other events.  How will parents be able to expose their children to the beauty of art, music, dance, or theater when ticket prices are so outrageous?

3.  What's a skill you've developed by way of that old fashioned saying, 'practice makes perfect'?

Quick and easy scrapbook layouts that speed up my huge backlog!  I developed an element of style plan - I'm pretty sure it's not an original idea, I must have read it somewhere but it's a method of using a similar layout throughout a whole album, just changing up the colors or placement of designs.

4.  What's your idea of a perfect breakfast?

One I don't have to cook!  I love to go out to breakfast and I usually order a Denver omelette, some sort of potatoes, and sourdough toast.

5.  What's a trip, holiday, vacation, or day outing you've taken that you'd rate a perfect 10?  Tell us why.

Our Family Christmas in Kettlewell, Yorkshire Dales National Park, December 2001.  Everything about it was fabulous - a picturesque village, lovely accommodations, all of our favorite English foods, pots and pots of tea, long walks, pub lunches, a little sightseeing, long games of canasta, laughter, love, family.

6.  What quote or saying perfectly sums up your life right now?  If you can't do perfect, how about one that comes close?

"You are my favorite hello and hardest goodbye."

7.  How would you spend $300 today?

Vic and I would take off for the weekend, somewhere historic, preferably somewhere with a tea room.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

There are just over 100 days until nine friends who met 20 years ago will be reunited for the Sisterchicks* Reunion.  We were young mothers of toddlers, Navy wives, members of the same MOPS group, and now we are mothers of college-age kids, college graduates, a new generation of active duty military service members, grandmothers.  We have so much catching up to do - I can't wait.

*Sisterchicks comes from the Robin Jones Gunn series of books - read all about them here.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting questions and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you blogged about your element of style plan? I'd love to read about it!

    And I agree with your #2 about the cost of events like plays and concerts. My daughters have sometimes solved this by taking just one child at a time to an event. Still, it can be costly for even just one parent and child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Wednesday posts - they are fun to read and reveal who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge. I like that quote and how you'd like to spend your windfall. Your reunion sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Symmetry should be my middle name, too! I love balance. This is forever getting me into "discussions" with the rule of thirds people in photographic discussions.

    I wholeheartedly agree with you about the ticket prices being outrageous. Thank goodness there are free events at many community/junior colleges. The theater department at our local junior college often puts on performances (band concerts, plays, choir performances, etc.) free for the community. It is great. Maybe your local colleges or universities have free events, too.

    What a beautiful, touching quote!

    Your reunion sounds like it will be a happy time. Blessings to you all.

    Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about the cost of tickets. It would be wonderful to be able to take my daughters to plays, music performances, etc. However, costs can be well over $100 for taking one's family to an arts event. A weekend away and a visit to a tea room sounds like a fun way to spend $300!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I too am an Anglophile, and it was so fun to read your mention of Kettlewell. I've been there! We took the B6160 (I think it is) from south of Leyburn down to Bolton Abbey and stopped for a while at Kettlewell. ...I so agree with you on ticket prices to the performing arts. It is a real shame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I so agree with the price of theaters, concerts and the such. I don't know how families with young children ever afford it. And, Disney World, good grief, we're taking our entire family in June and talk about ridiculous! Great answers!

    ReplyDelete