Tuesday, May 30, 2017

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #65

Ambrosia Rice Pudding is one of my all-time favorite desserts.  I grew up eating rice pudding, at home and at school, and it's part of many wonderful memories.  There's nothing more comforting than a bowl of rice pudding.  I haven't actually ever tried to make my own from scratch, fearing that it wouldn't have the same creaminess as Ambrosia but I have recently come across a recipe given to me by an English friend and I'm going to give it a try.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
This year happens to be Ambrosia's 100th anniversary.  There is some fascinating history here in The Ambrosia Story and a list of Ambrosia products.  I wish my local British food store carried more of the items. 

Ambrosia, food from the Gods, no kidding!

2 comments:

  1. I've been searching for the perfect rice pudding recipe forever. Never heard of Ambrosia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm-mmmmm. I love rice pudding, and tapioca too.

    ReplyDelete