Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Pray for Manchester


My heart is broken this morning.  Manchester is my home, my roots, the place I most associate with making me the person I am today.  All that I loved and love is in this city.  I think British comedian Russell Kane summed up what many are feeling this morning: 
Woken up this morning feeling physically sick. I thought the only worry I would have at midnight last night was replying to comments about a show I filmed after an amazing day; not frantically messaging home to check none of my family or friends were in that arena. I can't understand the mind-set of an animal, a less-than beast, who sets out intentionally to harm solely teenage girls, boys and their families. I can't understand how someone can brainwash themselves to a place where maiming and killing innocent children, mums, dads, aunties and uncles is any sort of response to the grievances he feels. I can only speak for my family, my little girl, my friends - just normal, average Brits: WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND. None of us sympathise with your f***ed up cause. None of us understand what led you to do this. None of us accept your warped ideology, your corrupted version of faith, your rationale, or any part of the bullshit you've told yourself to get yourself into that diseased, child-killing headspace. You are not glorious or courageous. You are not a martyr. You are a sick cruel, cold, murdering psychopathic bastard - on par with any other premeditating or serial killer. Your own mum and dad will probably be wailing in shame today. And even as an atheist, I can promise you, if there is a God - He is sending anyone who murders innocents southwards. 

Me and my family send love to all those affected in any way. Maximum respect to all emergency services. x
 I'll be back in a few days.

5 comments:

  1. That was a well-written and heart-felt response to the senseless tragedy last night. I cannot even fathom the fear that the youth and parents saw at the concert as the horror unfolded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sickened and hope they burn in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with every word that he wrote. I just can't believe terror is striking so close to what we called home for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too feel so sad and angry at this latest attack. The victims and their families are in my prayers, as are our leaders.

    ReplyDelete