Tuesday, September 26, 2017

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #80


A few childhood favorites today - I was an avid reader as a child and growing up in England and around all things English, I loved the delightful stories written by Enid Blyton.  I think I may have covered them here on the blog somewhere but here are my three favorites all in one place.


The adventure stores of Julian, Dick, Anne, George (short for Georgina), and Timmy the Dog.  They rambled all over the countryside and the coast, solving mysteries whilst drinking lashings of ginger beer.  So much fun. 


Malory Towers - the boarding school adventures of Darrell, Sally, and their friends - I so wanted a tuck box and to go to a midnight feast.


Similar to Malory Towers, St. Clare's is also a boarding school set of adventure as we follow twins Pat and Isabel O'Sullivan who loathe St. Clare's in the beginning and then come to love it.

Also a great childhood favorite were the Ladybird books, slim pocket-size books on a variety of topics, great for collectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment