Monday, September 25, 2017

September Rudolph Day


What's Rudolph Day? Here is the definition according to Organized Christmas:
A few years ago, members of our Christmas community began to observe "Rudolph Day" on the 25th of each month.
On that day, we take a few moments to plan some simple tasks for the month ahead, in order to get ready for Christmas Day with plenty of time to spare. By starting early--and working a bit at a time on each month's Rudolph Day--it's easy to prepare for Christmas, save money on gifts, and cut holiday stress.
Here's the annual line-up with the sub-theme (if there is one) in parentheses:

January - Tie Up Loose Ends (gather ideas and organize your Christmas notebook)
February - Begin a Holiday Letter
March - Birthday Gift-Buying Strategy (party planning for the holiday season)
April - Plan Holiday Crafts
May - Catalog Shopping Tips
June - Recipe Round Up
July - Choose a Holiday Plan (Christmas in July celebration)
August - Craft Control (thinking ahead to Elf on the Shelf)
September - Prepare for Holiday Gifts and Giving
October - Plan Holiday Meals
November - Write Holiday Letter

The bottom line is...prepare for Christmas by doing something every month and make the 25th of each month a Rudolph Day by doing something Christmasy!

I am somewhat unprepared for Rudolph Day this month again!  However, I'm going to make an effort and since this month's theme is a fairly easy one, I should get something accomplished.  I have all of Sophia's gifts ready (except for the bed frame which will be shipped directly to her).  Now that we are not going to Washington in December (she finally got confirmation that she is short some credits and so will not graduate until March), I will need to mail her gifts.  Ugh, if I had known that, I would have had them mailed directly and saved the shipping $$$.  Never mind, I'll make up a nice package and have it all ready to mail.  My problem person in the gift arena is  Vic - I need to figure out what to get him and that's going to be no small task.

My planner still needs some serious attention and I still need to be thinking ahead to Elf on the Shelf.  Our elf, Edward, brought gift cards last year which were hugely popular - I wasn't sure how to top that but I think I've come up with an idea.

This month's movie is You've Got Mail - can you believe I've never seen it?

Have a great Rudolph Day!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't seen this movie! I think you'll love it. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've Got Mail is one of my absolute all-time favorite "holiday" movies. This is the first I've heard of Rudolph Day. I will be more aware of it in the future. Have a magical day! Andrea

    ReplyDelete