Sunday, July 3, 2016

Christmas in July 2016 - Day Three


This year, I am going to bake.  I used to have a big baking extravaganza for the holidays but in recent years, it just hasn't happened.  If I commit to making one thing, I should be able to manage that, right?

Yesterday I picked up this great Wilton kit at Michael's (with a 50% off coupon of course), "I taught myself to decorate cookies".






This is the 50 page book that comes with the kit - a list of all the tools you need, recipes for cookie dough and royal icing, all the basics on preparing, filling, and holding an icing bag, and pages of piping techniques with (hopefully) easy to follow photographs.





The 18-piece set includes scalloped round and square cookie cutters, round decorating tip #3, 12 disposable decorating bags, a decorator brush, and an etching tool.  

There are also online tutorials to help you every step of the way!


I really liked the look of these Christmas tree cookies but when I researched the link, I found out this is a holiday flag!  Never mind, I think I can recreate the designs with green royal icing.


These are real cookies - Christmas Ornament Gingerbread Cookies - and this link provides the recipe and step-by-step (translation:  lots of great photographs) instructions.

5 comments:

  1. Love decorated cookies but don't think I have the patience to do such. Thanks for stopping by and hope you and yours have an enjoyable 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I wish I could decorate cookies like that, but to tell you the truth I don't think I have the patience. They are so beautiful and look yummy. I'm eager to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Love that flag! I love fancy decorating cookies, cakes, etc, but it's a sure way of putting my back out for days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful! Hope it turns out well.

    ReplyDelete