Friday, July 8, 2016

Christmas in July - Day Eight

Every year, I say I am going to make a Christmas cake and every year, I end up buying one from one of the British online food stores.  This year doesn't look to be any different.  Here are a few other beauties that I would love to grace my dessert table - a classic offering, and couple of fun ones.

A stunning creation from Victoria Watkins-Jones featured at Swooned
Candy Bar Brownies - I think I like the look of these better unbaked - I might bake a batch with just one layer of candy bars, then frost them and push a layer of candy bars into the frosting
And finally, a really fun Ugly Sweater Cake

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love the ugly sweater one, it looks too cute to eat! The first cake is just beautiful and the second cake looks like something I'd love to serve to my grands. I wish I could decorate cakes... maybe someday I'll take a class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the ugly cake sweater on pinterst the other day!!! I have never made a Christmas cake... instead I do cookies and candy. I might to have to break tradition one of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughter's family does ugly sweater contest, of which I am a judge. I am definitely making that cake for the festivities this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful ugly sweater cake! we have yule log around here for Christmas. but mostly it's treats and sweets

    ReplyDelete