Monday, July 18, 2016

Life Last Week #2016-26

Another busy week at work and home in the evenings to my faithful friend, MudLynn.  I will miss her when she goes back to school with Sophia.

Christmas in July is in full swing and I just love reliving my holiday memories, sharing photos of our festivities, and reading all the blog posts from others.  I love my planner and have been working on getting some of the pages ready for the holiday season.

Sophia and I didn't make it to the Lavender Festival.  She ended up heading back to Bellingham for the weekend so I ran a few errands and hung out at home with MudLynn.  I finished up the Cedar Cove series on Netflix (so disappointed they didn't make a fourth season) and started on When Calls the Heart which appears to be a mix of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Little House on the Prairie, and a few other programs of that era.  It's light and easy to watch.


Vic has left Hawaii and his ship is part of RIMPAC 2016, the Rim of the Pacific exercise that's held every other year and involves a huge multi-national force (26 nations) and an impressive array of ships, aircraft, and other vessels.


RIMPAC's Facebook page has great photos.  It won't be long before they are pulling into port again to pick up the tigers and head for home.  Tigers are friends and family members who will travel back with the crew on the ship's final leg.  It's a great experience and there are a lot of excited friends and family members just waiting for the big day.  I'm waiting for the even bigger day that comes after that - homecoming!

Belated Birthday Greetings to Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cornwall.  Love her hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment