Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday Favorites

 

Let's talk Friday Favorites Fashion!

This...


Stunning - has to be THE look of the day

And this...


Some symbolism with the purple - neither blue nor red - haven't seen anything about Dr. Biden's color palette yet

But this...


Beautiful and so symbolic - Dr. Biden's Inauguration Evening Dress had flowers from all 50 states plus the U.S. territories embroidered on it, with the flower of Delaware sewn near her heart and the other flowers branching out from it.  Inside the coat, representing the lifelong calling and service of Dr. Biden as an educator, is a hand embroidery on the lining with a quote from Founding Father Benjamin Franklin:

"Tell me and I forget.  Teach me and I remember.  Involve me and I learn."

This will be a must-see when it is added to the First Ladies Collection at the Smithsonian.

And then there was this...


Just WOW 

I was a little less enthused about Lady GaGa - a bit over the top - but she certainly made a statement with that social distancing skirt


And finally, heralding the birth of more memes that you could imagine and perhaps even a Where's Bernie? book - I hope he has taken it all in the spirit it was intended, not laughing at him, but laughing with him

2 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful and beautifully thought out first-lady's inauguration dress I have ever heard of. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Biden's dresses were simply stunning and I can't get enough of the Bernie memes :)

    ReplyDelete