Monday, January 11, 2021

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Guess what?  It's going to....rain!  All next week.  Washington's January tradition continues.

On my reading pile:::
Still reading The Alice Network by Kate Quinn.  I somehow ordered the large-print version from the library, great on the eyes but oh my, it's heavy to cart back and forth every day.

On my TV:::
Finally watched the movie I added to our Amazon Library for us to enjoy at Christmas, Midway, with Woody Harrelson and Dennis Quaid.  It was excellent and I was amazed at the similarity between the actors and the real-life heroes they portrayed, superb casting.  The movie was filmed in part in Hawaii and I caught a glimpse of my friend's husband, in major command in Hawaii at the time, who was an extra.  As it was not a speaking role, he was not listed in the credits but I did see his name in the Special Thanks To section.  The credits go on and on, with many sections dedicated to the visual effects teams.


Checked off the list:::
Back to work last week - steady all week so the days flew by.  I woke up on Thursday to an eerie silence in the house (the heater is on a timer so it comes on just before I wake up), looked at my phone and found a dead battery.  Walked into the kitchen to check the time - 7:16am!  Good grief, overslept and missed the bus so I texted the office to say I'd be late, dove in the shower, and drove in.  Thankfully, I found a convenient parking place.  Since I had the car, I ran to Costco after work for groceries, then to World Market for tea, and stopped at Chipotle for one of the Whole 30 bowls for dinner.  Today will be Day 15 on the Whole 30, it's going well.  I've also managed to drink water (not the full 8 8-ounce glasses, more like half that amount, but it's a start) every day.  Win!  Picked up my dry cleaning and dropped off more.  Went to Whole Foods on Saturday for a few things I couldn't get at Costco and spent the rest of the weekend on chores and relaxing.  Busy, busy, busy.  

Crafts Roundup:::
No progress.  Have ear-marked January 17 as December Daily Day.  Since it's a three-day weekend, I figured I could dedicate one day to crafts.

And in other news:::
Ginger cut her leg so Sophia has spent the last four days keeping the wound clean and wrapped.  Not severe enough to warrant a vet visit but worrying all the same.  She and the barn owner went over the stall carefully to see what might have caused it but found nothing.  It did give her a chance to get her equine first aid kit fully stocked.

I'm the January hostess for Rudolph Day over at the Magical Holiday Home forums.  Rudolph Day is the 25th of each month, a day to take a few moments to plan some simple tasks for the month ahead, in order to get ready for Christmas Day with plenty of time to spare. By starting early--and working a bit at a time on each month's Rudolph Day--it's easy to prepare for Christmas, save money on gifts, and cut holiday stress.

Last year we took it in turns to suggest a movie, book, magazine, blog, YouTube craft or cooking video, and a Pinterest idea, sharing the details before the 10th of each month so the members can come back on the 25th and tell us how they enjoyed the selections and any other thoughts.  If you're not a member of Magical Holiday Home, I'll put the details up on Friday if you'd like to check it out.

I know many of you are thinking..."What, Christmas already?  I've just put away my decorations!"  Well, for Christmas-lovers like us, we're always counting down the days (348, in case you were wondering! 😉) and planning to be as organized as possible to enjoy the holiday season when it arrives.

I've decided to hop on the 2021 Home Organization Challenge, suggested by Tanya from The Other Side of the Road.  Week 1 is the Laundry Room so stay tuned for what I did.

And finally, does anyone use Stevia?  I'd love to hear your comments.


Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I do enjoy the larger print books for the relief on my eyes but they do seem so much longer in large print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Midway over the holidays, and absolutely loved it. I think it got lost in the shuffle of 2020, because I really didn't hear much publicity about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, oversleeping is the worst!! What kind of tea do you buy at World Market? I get Downton Abbey and some Twinings there. Although I've taken to ordering my Twinings straight from the company lately. So many more varieties! Hope Ginger heals swiftly.

    ReplyDelete