Monday, January 4, 2021

Hello Monday

The weather:::
Welcome to January in western Washington - rain, rain, rain.  It poured all weekend, so much so that there was a flood warning and a landslide warning due to excessive soil moisture.  There's no let-up for the coming week, either.  Hello rain jacket and umbrella!

On my reading pile:::
Starting my 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge with The Alice Network by Kate Quinn.

On my TV:::
100% completion of Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas and discovered I can record movies from my Sling app - worked great for the two movies that I missed in November and were not replayed at convenient times.  I finished  Virgin River - what a cliffhanger ending for Season 2, can't wait for Season 3.  I'm immersed in Designated Survivor right now.  What a thriller - just when you think you know what's going to happen next, along comes a curveball.


Checked off the list:::
It's been a lovely lazy week (love that we have the week between Christmas and New Year's off) with late nights and sleeping in.  It is going to be tough to go back to those 4:30am wake-ups.  My planner is all organized for 2021 - birthdays, trash days, paydays, recurring tasks and appointments, all entered.  Christmas is for the most part packed away although the tree is still fully-decorated.  I know I am going to leave it up until Vic gets home but not sure I'll leave the ornaments on it.  

Crafts Roundup:::
Organizing my planner and moving all the scrapbook supplies to the large table in the craft room is as far as I got this week.  I'm up to Day 14 on December Daily so I should be knocking that out soon..

And in other news:::
Sophia moved Ginger to a new barn so she could continue to teach her students.  The old facility decided they didn't want her to be teaching non-boarders there even though she has liability insurance.  The move went well and Ginger loves to hang her head over her stall door to check out things in the barn.


I love the feature on Goodreads that tracks your challenge for the year and shows the covers of all the books you read.  I posted mine in this post.

16,814
pages read
Pamela
48
books read
This is my journey in books for 2020!

Here's to a happier, healthier, and more prosperous 2021 for all of us.  Have you checked out the New York Times Vaccine Calculator?  The estimate says I'm number 23,000,001 in the United States, 440,001 in Washington, and 14,001 in my county on the vaccine list.

4 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the vaccine counter, that is so cool! I recorded the Hallmark Christmas movies and will start watching them this week as I resume cross stitching. They are great to stitch to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that Sophia is giving riding lessons! I'll have to check out that vaccine calculator. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I just LOVED The Alice Network!

    ReplyDelete