Monday, March 25, 2024

Hello Monday - March 25, 2024

  

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

Friday was a rough day - my allergies were in full force and there were times I felt I couldn't catch my breath in between sneezes!  I relaxed with my box of Kleenex and a Downton Abbey marathon and then saw the news about the Princess of Wales' cancer diagnosis.  That hit me really hard as I lost my Mum and sister to cancer and so many memories came flooding back.

Vic picked up Chick-fil-A for dinner and we had a quiet evening at home.

Off to meet the Lunch Bunch at a local restaurant on Saturday.  We went to a local (to me) Italian restaurant, and it was delicious.  I can't believe I've lived here for five years and never stopped by.  In addition to the restaurant, they have a whole deli area and grocery section (everything you've ever needed for a charcuterie board) as well as drinks to go, ready meals, and GELATO!


I had a Black Forest Panini which was so good.  I told Vic all about it when I got home and we ended up ordering some sandwiches to go for dinner (with gelato, of course!).

Before dinner, we headed up to the British food store to pick up an Easter egg for Sophia.  I wasn't sure if one would be available at our gourmet market (it wasn't) so it was a good thing I checked at the British food store even if I did have to pay their robber prices.

This is her all-time favorite - Crunchie is a honeycomb candy bar covered in chocolate, so good.

We stopped by the gourmet market after all to pick up a few things and then headed home.  Dinner from the Italian restaurant was as good as my lunch but of course, I forgot to take any photos!  I had a turkey panini with a cup of soup and Vic had a Mediterranean panini with a Greek salad.  I had chocolate gelato and he had Marionberry.

Probably because of all the rich food I ate yesterday, I woke up on Sunday with an upset stomach, so we skipped church and just relaxed at home until it was time for Vic to get a haircut.  I swung into the commissary for a few supplies including my new favorite breakfast.


Oui vanilla yogurt sprinkled with vanilla almond crisp granola.  I love the little glass jars even more now that I found these on Amazon.



And a quick stop at the donut shop - those are key lime-filled donuts at the back and they are amazing.  Vic's favorite Bavarian cremes are in the front.

Home for a cup of coffee and a donut and then Vic started to cook for the week - pancit and his ground beef and green beans dish, that's lunch for the week!

And that was our weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure hearing of Kate's diagnosis brought back some memories for you, which is always hard. I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel great this weekend! It's like that here for us right now as well; our pollen count is high and our oldest son is battling his terrible allergies to the fine green powder that covers every surface. Your food from the weekend all sounds amazing! I am like you and feel the same when I've eaten too many things in a row that are rich. I hope you have a good day getting your week on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you were reminded of your losses when you heard the news about the Princess Kate. Your weekend events sound so nice- that lunch place sounds amazing. I love Cadburry and I love all of the European chocolate offerings. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your allergies are easing off. The new Italian restaurant find sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like there was lots of good food involved this weekend. I forgot to mention in my post today, but I was so sad and shocked to hear about Catherine's diagnosis. I'm hoping that the treatment truly is "preventative," and that her recovery comes quickly. I'm so sorry about your mother and sister! Hope you have a good start to the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry you have had problems with allergies. I was also very sad about the Princess. I lost my sister to cancer also and I hope she can win this battle. We’re all the same when this terrible disease strikes, no matter where we are in life. We go to Chick Filet maybe once every couple of weeks. It’s relatively close by. Sounds like you had a nice dining experience. Sophie’s going to love her Easter Egg. Your breakfast fixings look delicious and love that combination. Donuts too? I’m loving this. My favorite are the chocolate topped with custard filling, though those lime-filled ones look very yummy. Gregg’s is the powdered sugared kind with strawberry jam inside, and now I want a donut, lol! I haven’t had pancit since our navy days and remember loving that too. I hope if Vic is willing to share, you will post his recipe sometime :) That sounds like a real nice weekend you have had and I'm wishing you a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been really suffering with allergies too. At this time of year it's the tree pollen and everyone seems to be cutting their grass for the first time this year which is not helping.
    It's fantastic when you find somewhere new to you nearby that's a good place to eat.
    Ahh! I love a Crunchie. Easter eggs have shot up in price here too.

    ReplyDelete