Friday, May 22, 2015

5 on Friday


1. I got a job offer! The phone rang, the lady at the HR Office said she had good news and to check my e-mail (I was already on the e-mail and about to open the attachment!).  We chatted about  the basic details and since I had not opened the attachment yet, I asked if it contained details about the interview and she said "No interview, you've got the job!" Wow, either I'm just what they were looking for or they are really desperate! I'm going to go with option 1. Hope to hear in the next few days to get the paperwork rolling and anticipate being at work around June 15th.

2. Sophia is coming home for the weekend! Can't wait to see my girl.  We're going to have all her favorites for dinner and pack up all the leftovers for her to take back with her, eat lunch at Chick-fil-A, stroll through the mall, have an Outlander marathon, and work on her packing list for camp.  Did I tell you she got a job for the summer as a  Wrangler at a local Girl Scout horse camp?  She is so excited.

3. We had a very enjoyable time last night at the ship's Hail and Farewell event.  The Wardroom or Officers' Mess gets together every few months to say Hail to incoming officers and Farewell to those who are leaving the command.  There were some, for my New England friends, wicked good jokes in the farewells and introductions.

4. Debating on whether to attend the Navy Wives Clubs of America National Convention in October.  I would love to go but is it too much to ask for a week off when I've only been working for about four months?  I'll have to see what the work tempo and environment is like before considering a request for a week's leave.

5. Really looking forward to starting my new book "Jambusters" and can't wait until Home Fires comes to PBS.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job - that's awesome !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job... That's wonderful. I am currently watching Home Fires. It's quite good and has some interesting characters. I think you will enjoy it. Enjoy your weekend with Sophie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job, Pamela - is it full-time or part-time? Look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job! Very exciting. :) Hope you had a great weekend home with your girl!

    ReplyDelete