Friday, May 29, 2015

5 on Friday


I'm very far behind on everything this week so I'm skipping Life Last Week and Wednesday Hodgepodge and going straight to 5 on Friday.

1. We had a lovely weekend with Sophia at home and did all that we had planned plus some. I'm exhausted.

2. Members of our local Navy Wives Clubs of America chapter attended a Memorial Day Wreath Laying event at the local cemetery which was very moving. I was so happy to have my family with me.

3. Still waiting to hear about the details of my new job although since it's a branch of the Federal Government, these things take time.

4. Looking forward to a couple of social events coming up - since most of my spouse groups meet during the day, these may be the last on my calendar for a while.

5. Starting the search for ideas for a great Christmas present for Vic.  Since he will most likely be gone, it has to be something that travels well, doesn't take up a lot of room at the destination, and promises fun when he gets home. So far, I'm leaning toward something like this:

A Year of Let's Go on a Date ideas
Rather than mail a basket, I thought about twelve tags on a ring as a teaser of what's to come - tags like these but with each one decorated with the theme of the date.

4 comments:

  1. I love how your mind works, Pam, already planning for Christmas! You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to think ahead as this one is going to take some time - the goal is pre-planned and pre-paid. So many ideas out there in the Pinterest-world - trying to find the best that fit our interests and go from there. Loved K's announcement!

      Delete
  2. What a cute and novel idea and what a great gift! Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that gift idea!! So cute. Your daughter is beautiful!! Great family photo. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete