I'm linking up with Erin from Perfectly Port Family for 10 on the 10th. This month's prompt is 10 Random Facts About Me.
1. I am a memory-keeping-aholic. I have been a scrapbooker for almost twenty years and have recently delved into the world of digital scrapbooking to use templates and overlays on my photos. I loved Ali Edwards' December Daily project and look forward to One Little Word in 2018.
December Daily 2017 - an album full of fun and great memories
2. I am also addicted to planners and planner stickers. I love to be organized and my planner is such a creative outlet for that. It's part calendar, part journal, and all fun!
Love my Erin Condren planner!
3. I am a virtual traveler. I have friends and family all over the world and I love to see the places they live and visit. I am constantly Googling new destinations and saving details in my favorites for trips of a lifetime.
4. I love England and all things English - cups of tea, afternoon tea, the Royal Family, the history, the countryside, the coastline, the mountains, the lakes and lochs, say or show me anything English and I am happy.
5. I am longing for our forever home. We have been a Navy family for almost 24 years with constant travel and I am so looking forward to the day when I can set up house and have it stay that way. That being said, my parents were a military couple as well and they didn't stop moving even after their Army days were over. We'll see what retirement brings for us.
6. I also love Christmas and so happy to be a part of a group of fellow Christmas-lovers - Magical Holiday Home. It's amazing how friendships are formed over the Internet. I would love to meet up with some of the members of this group one day.
7. I don't think I could live without Excel. I love spreadsheets and use them for just about everything - budgeting, keeping lists, making timelines, you can do just about anything with Excel.
8. A fellow blogger posted this quote "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince" and although I didn't kiss a LOT of frogs, I did wait until I was 32 to find my handsome prince. Vic and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary this year - it's been an adventure from day one. Take a loving-everything-about-Christmas woman and a man who had never had a Christmas tree before, a shopper and a saver, I could go on and on with the differences between us, two people who perfected the art of compromise to make an amazing marriage. Our friends always remark that we have so much fun together.
I wanted the perfect shot of us with our holiday drink cups so I slipped off the sleeves. Vic started to make a ruckus because the cups were really hot and he was burning his hand and I started to giggle and that was it, we both burst out laughing. This is so much better than that perfect shot I'd envisioned.
9. My favorite meal to prepare is afternoon tea. I love to make or source the tiny sandwiches, scones, and miniature desserts. We are on the hunt for the perfect tea room wherever we live or visit.
10. I'm a city girl at heart. Give me a loft in the middle of New York or San Francisco (or London or Paris) and the budget to live that lifestyle and I'd be in heaven. However, I am a realist and I know that I am happiest with my family wherever we are. I don't really consider myself a homemaker because there are lots of things about being at home that I don't really enjoy but making a home for my family wherever the Navy sends us is exactly what I want to do.