Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Back in a Few Days

 

Hello everyone!  I'm still recovering from my knee surgery a week ago, still on crutches which makes doing anything almost impossible and still taking the pain medication to try to get comfortable for at least part of the day.  I can manage simple tasks like hopping around the kitchen unloading and reloading the dishes but everything takes such an effort, I'm just exhausted.

Vic was such a sweetheart last week, he took ten days' leave and did everything.  Today is his first day back at work.  I think Christmas is pretty much going to be a wash this year - Sophia only has one day off and it's too far for her to drive home in the morning and drive back in the afternoon.  I hate to think of her on the roads in the dark when it's cold and icy.  We can't go up there because I can't manage the stairs so I think she'll take advantage of the day and take a couple of Rover jobs and we'll have a FaceTime Christmas.  It is what it is.

 I hope to be back to full-time blogging in a couple of days.  Thank you for all your good wishes.  Whatever possessed me to schedule this just before Christmas?  I really wish I had waited until January but it's done now so I'm just praying for a speedier recovery than I have had so far.

2 comments:

  1. It never is a good time to have surgery is it? Hopefully you'll start to feel better real soon and can get around a bit easier once the initial pain wears off. Though I know the less pain I feel the more I tend to overdo it so it's sort of a double edged sword there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. Joanne is right...there's never a good time. I hope you get a good visit with Sophia soon to make up for Christmas this year! Take care of yourself! <3

    ReplyDelete