Thursday, November 2, 2023

Currently - November 2023

 

Today I'm joining Jennifer over at Overflowing with Thankfulness for Currently - a little snippet of life lately.  I completely forgot that yesterday was Currently, so I'm a day late!

loving//all the December Daily prep.  It's a month-long memory-keeping project in December and November 1 was day one of Product Play, a daily idea blog post using the products sold by Ali Edwards.  I don't have all the products that will be featured this month, but I think I'll be seeing that most of the techniques can be modified to supplies I have on hand.

buying//nothing for Christmas yet other than Christmas stamps but this weekend kicks off the craft fairs in our area so I'll hoping to find a few gifts.  I love craft fairs!


Such a cute design for 2023

preparing//mentally, for my knee surgery.  It's an orthoscopic procedure so I'm in and out in one day and I'm hoping that pain management is easy and I'll be up and around relatively quickly.

excited for//Christmas, of course!  I think Vic will be putting up the tree while I'm recuperating on the couch so I'm excited for the twinkle lights.  I'm also excited that today is the release of the Starbucks holiday drinks.  We'll hold off on buying ours until Saturday when we're on our way to the craft fairs so we can take our traditional holding-our-holiday-cups photo!

planning//for the next chapter.  Vic is retiring next fall (not thinking about it anymore, he's definitely decided) so it will be a change to be post-Navy after 30 years. 

4 comments:

  1. I haven´t bought anything for Christmas yet, either. Definitely some ideas but that is it. Retirement is exciting! Congrats to Vic! We will go through a change, too, when our high schooler starts college next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought anything for Christmas yet either and I have zero ideas.. so I'm just going to keep putting it off for now. LOL Those Christmas stamps are so cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The traditional holding your holiday cup photo....too cute:) Hope all goes well with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well with your surgery and I just had my first Starbucks holiday cup (and drink) today!

    ReplyDelete