Monday, November 13, 2023

Hello Monday - November 13, 2023

  

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

Friday it was off to the vet for Malone to get his boosters.  He had his sedatives the night before and in the morning and he seemed pretty calm.  It still took two vet techs and a muzzle but he buried his head between Vic's legs and under the bench we were sitting on and took both vaccinations pretty well.  Vic was off on Friday for the Veterans Day weekend so we went home and Malone slept most of the day.  We had breakfast with the weekly episode of The Great British Baking Show and I watched the daily December Daily Product Play class while Vic continued working on the flooring project.


The half-wall in the demolition stage (left)  and fully demolished (you can see the spot where it used to be at the top of the photo) with all the boards that needed to be removed marked with blue tape


The completed floor - the drywall repair will come after Christmas - we're going to put a tree in front of the spot for now

We ran a couple of errands in the afternoon - I had to pick up my home sleep study equipment (I had what I thought was a heart incident last December and opted to take a cardiology referral rather than be admitted for a stress test (we'd already been at the hospital for eleven hours)).  When I went for the stress test (which turned out to be normal), it came with an accompanying sleep study which could be done at home or on site.  So tonight, I strap on all the paraphernalia and my sleep pattern will register and be read by the sleep doctor.  We stopped at Joann's, Target, and World Market and then hit the commissary on the way home.

Love that Marks & Spencer returned to Target this year

Pickings were slim, I hope that just means that they are still stocking the shelves

I grabbed this gingerbread bus for Vic and Sophia to make at Christmas - couldn't resist and didn't want it to sell out!

Pizza and wings and Hallmark for dinner on Friday night.

Malone grabbing Vic's arm to ask for more rubs

It was a rainy rest of the weekend full of a lot of nothing.  Finishing off the flooring and cleaning up the mess, laundry, more Hallmark movies, and some scrapbooking.  Here it is Sunday night and I'm working on my blog post while Vic fills out his preliminary retirement paperwork.

And that was our weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Good boy Malone- he is so cute! Sounds like a cozy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floor looks fabulous! I am currently working on drywall repair and painting and trying to have it done by Thanksgiving (if I can but it's upstairs so I don't HAVE to- I just do better with deadlines). That gingerbread bus is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to go take a look at Target to see the M&S items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I watch The Great British Baking Show together. It's our favorite and we don't live in the same state, but we watch at the same time and text back and forth the whole time. One season a friend of mine baked all the technicals each week. Some turned out better than others, but most were pretty good. Your floors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your experience with Malone reminded me of taking my old cat Molly. She akways had to have a sedative and 2 technicians! Good to see M&S at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see more of your renovation process as you get more things done! And Malone is such a handsome dog. We have a German Shepherd who HATES going to the vet, and we have another dog who also has to be muzzled when he goes. Yikes! I love that gingerbread bus! I may have to look for something similar here....

    I hope you're having a good week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was definitely the weekend for Hallmark movies!

    ReplyDelete