Monday, August 24, 2015
Life Last Week 2015-33
1. Step one of my official passport paperwork complete - Japan, here I come, maybe? There are some travel opportunities coming up at work and I'm in the running for a spot. Feeling very chuffed that they're even considering someone as new to the group as myself.
2. Fun with the Navy Wives at our end of the year annual picnic - pool time for the kids and lots of chatting among the members. I love getting to know everyone.
3. The last of my swap packages from my planner group came in - lots of fun goodies to share with Sophia.
4. Stunning new floors at the Rhode Island rental house - my contractor did a beautiful job and the bill so far (with not too many more things to be added) is within the budget.
5. The weather is cooling down and that's always a good thing.
1. Took a fall at work last week that has left me black and blue - nothing broken thank goodness but I did feel a right fool lying there on the ground. Thank goodness the brim of my hard hat stopped my head from hitting the concrete. Two men came rushing over to help me get up (good grief, how embarrassing!) - no idea what happened, one minute I was walking along, the next ka-boom, down I went. Must have hit an uneven spot that threw me right off balance.
2. Really frustrated with Shutterfly - I've been working on the Navy Wives History Book that we will submit at the National Convention for judging and it must have a plain cover. I thought Shutterfly's cloth cover was an option but it has a spot on the front to insert a photo. Apparently, if you don't insert a photo, you'll get an album cover with a great big blank grey rectangle smack in the middle. My only option was to pay an exorbitant price for a plain leather cover - even with a healthy discount, it was still more than I wanted to pay. Lesson learned, look for another company for next year.
3. Still adjusting to working and my blog life has suffered terribly. Please bear with me, followers, I will be around to visit you all soon and thank you for continuing to read my very sporadic posts.