Monday, August 31, 2015

Life Last Week 2015-34


Bests:

1. Another great week at work - I love to stay busy, it just makes the time fly.

2. Dinner with my friend Yasmeen on Friday - she's a trainer for Family Readiness and we met when I took the class some time ago. She's got a delightful British accent and as we chatted, I found out that not only was she from Manchester, but she was actually from Bury, part of my old stomping grounds. Anyway, I haven't seen her since I started work and she had been to Victoria, British Columbia recently so we had a lot to talk about.

3. Shopped at Macy's with my Shop for a Cause discount (25%). We woke up to rain and wind on Saturday morning and I think it played havoc with some of their electrics. My discount card wasn't working but fortunately, the March of Dimes was also having a Shop for a Cause day that day and the cashiers were able to scan their discount cards. Bonus...their discount was 30%. I managed to score a nice pair of navy dress pants and a Seattle Seahawks infinity scarf. It's Blue Fridays at work during the football season and since I didn't want to pay $100 for a Seahawks jersey, a navy blue top and my infinity scarf will work perfectly.

4. Absolutely poured down with rain yesterday afternoon - light rain in the morning but it turned into bucketloads in the afternoon and evening. That's a good thing because even my East Coast and UK friends have been commenting about the wildfires in this part of the northwest and it is a huge relief to the exhausted firefighters to see rain.

5. Not really a best for me, but one for Sophia. One week to go before she heads back to Bellingham and her own apartment. I'm excited for her.

Worsts:

1. Poor MudLynn got stung by a wasp again. These are paper wasps that have built a nest in the wood of a raised bed in the garden, right at her level. The landlord came out to take a look and he's going to take care of them.

2. Another icon of my childhood in the UK has died - Stephen Lewis has gone to the great bus depot in the sky. I remember him fondly from "On the Buses", a great British comedy. He was the last surviving member of the crazy trio below.

RIP Stephen Lewis (left) with Reg Varney and Bob Grant
3. Absolutely fed up with a silly little chit of a girl at work who is so unpleasant, it's ghastly. Found out that someone else could help me with what I needed to ask her so this really should be in the Bests section. Why do some people go out of their way to be so unhelpful?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like another busy week, Pamela. I have to say, I really don't miss that part of working in an office - the silly and unhelpful colleagues - I've come across a fair few of these over the years!

    ReplyDelete