Friday, June 22, 2018

Forever in our Hearts


Last night, Sophia held her best friend for the last time.  Our hearts are broken but MudLynn is at peace and we have almost fourteen years of memories of the joy she brought to us and to everyone who met her.

She had been getting progressively slower and hadn't been eating very much lately.  Sophia was concerned and took her to the vet yesterday afternoon.  They recommended a first stage of a bland diet before starting a battery of tests but when Sophia brought her home, MudLynn collapsed and her abdomen was swelling.  They went immediately to the emergency vet and she made the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye.  I spoke to the vet and it appears to have been a splenic tumor that ruptured - surgery could have been attempted but it was unlikely that she would survive and even if she did, it would give her only a few months and at what quality of life?

The outpouring of messages from family and friends across the globe has been amazing.  MudLynn was loved and she loved right back.

MudLynn
July 1, 2004 - June 21. 2018

7 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear of your family's loss, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so very sorry for your loss! I made the same hard decision with my cat. I believe extending their lives for a few months of pain is really not giving them any life at all. It is a hard decision but I am sure your sweet pet is pain free and watching over you all still! Hugs for comfort for you all! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to say goodbye to a friend who gave so much love, so much trust. Thinking of you all in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to lose a beloved pet. They bring us so much joy and unconditional love. Sharing your sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Pamela, so, so sad for your's and Sophia's loss. To me it's on of the hardest parts of this life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. A dog is a treasured part of the family, and the only consolation for such a loss is thinking back on the many years spent enjoying their company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I can tell you honestly, I know how you all are feeling. Greta deteriorates every day, but we are making her very comfortable and cuddling her sweet furry body. It will be soon.
    Please know I am keeping you all in my prayers as your beloved fur-baby goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete