Monday, February 19, 2024

Hello Monday - February 19, 2024

  

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

I was supposed to be spending the weekend at a scrapbook retreat (Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon) but waking up with a scratchy throat on Thursday nixed that idea.  I didn't want to be sharing my germs with the group.  We also woke up to this on Thursday morning, so I was glad not be on the road.

So, I unpacked this lot and had a mini-scrapbook event of my own.

I had all the photos, paper, and embellishments pretty much laid out, so it was just a matter of cutting photo mats and journal cards and getting everything on the pages.

Whenever there is a federal holiday, Vic gets what's called a "96" which is a four-day weekend, so he was off Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  On Friday, while I scrapbooked, he worked in the room that will be Sophia's bedroom, mudding the walls (I think that's the term for applying the joint compound over the smoothed walls), and then sanding over any rough spots to get the room ready for priming and painting.  He ran out of joint compound, so we bundled Malone into the truck, swung by Lowe's to pick it up, and then continued on to Chick-fil-A for dinner.

On Saturday, Vic said we had to leave the house at 10:00am for my birthday surprise.  We ended up at a British food store and tearoom a little over 30 miles away which if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know it's our favorite out of the house activity.  It was a shame, however, that supply issues meant the shelves in the food store were empty, but the tea was lovely, and we brought home a few pastry items for later.


Table for two


Tea for two


Delicious afternoon tea


You can see the empty shelves behind us, such a shame

When we got home, it was back to Sophia's bedroom for Vic and the scrapbook table for me.

Sunday, we headed off to church and then to the donut shop and the Asian food store for a few supplies.  After that, and a delicious lunch of Bombay Aloo pasties from the British tearoom, it was back to...you guessed it...Sophia's bedroom for Vic and the scrapbook table for me.  I've completed all of our outings in 2014 and 2015, and with Vic deployed January-August 2016, I only have a few outings left to work on as we left Washington in November 2016 to head back to Virginia.  I think I mentioned that these scrapbooks, Volumes I and II, will be titled "Adventures in Washington".


Bombay Aloo pasty with a filling of potato, onion, and tomato - oh la la, they were spicy!

And that was our weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you couldn´t go to your scrapbooking event. But with all of your supplies organized, it´s great that you were still able to scrapbook at home. The British tea place sounds lovely. I love all of the finger foods and sconces that come with high tea. Your food spread looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love an afternoon tea! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend; even if you couldn't make it to your scrapbooking event. I spent lots of last week scrapbooking too and am all caught up for now while I'm waiting for my next batch of photos to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! Goo for you for doing your own scrapbooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you were sick and missed the scrapbooking event! But it looks like you made up for it with the fabulous birthday tea. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete