Monday, February 5, 2024

Hello Monday - February 5, 2024

 

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.  My Prime Purchases post will be up after this one.

I finally finished up the Christmas ornament inventory.  I wanted to redo the totes so that they were labeled in the inventory for the primary (family) tree, the second (baby, childhood, school, pets, and toys) tree, or the third (travel) tree.  Decorating and taking down should be a lot easier now.  My name is Pamela, and I am addicted to ornaments!


When Vic came home, he took them out to the garage and slid them into the storage system he designed above the garage door.


After a very successful Whole 30 (-21 pounds for me, -10 for Vic), we converted our eating plan over to the 5:2, 5 days of healthy eating and 2 days of a little less healthy, and enjoyed fish and chips for dinner.  I used gluten-free crackers but really should have run them through the Cuisinart to get them superfine.  I also used the rotisserie basket of the air fryer for fries for the first time and they were so crispy and delicious.

Saturday morning was date morning so we headed down to a local coffee shop we hadn't tried before.  It got low marks for atmosphere but the coffee was delicious as were the less than healthy chocolate doughnuts!


We spent the rest of the day at home, Vic working in the guest room and me finishing up the journaling for the album I'm planning to work on at the retreat.


I continued with my prep work for the retreat, typing up journal cards for the various places we explored in 2014-2016.  I like to include as much detail as I can find on the various locations as it's fun to look back on the pages and have a little history.


If he can get away with it, Malone is never very far from Vic!


The ceiling is the toughest as the sanding machine is heavy!

On Sunday, Vic headed off to church early to shadow the media team while I headed up an hour later for the first service.  I signed up to be a table host for the upcoming Haiti missions banquet, I'm responsible for the table decorations for one of the tables.  

Meanwhile, Sophia was on the ferry on her way down to us.  She'll be staying overnight and heading back tomorrow.


The purpose of her visit was to find her horse, Ginger, a new home as Sophia is coming home at the end of March!  Can we say EXCITED?? 


I was really impressed with the mud management system at the new barn.  There's nothing worse than seeing your horse hoof-deep in mud.


It was a beautiful day and a lovely area.  Ginger will be very happy here.

After the barn visit, we headed to Best Buy where Sophia bought a new laptop and I bought the new computer that's been on my to-buy list for a while.  It's still in the box as I have to go back next Saturday to have everything transferred from my laptop to the new computer.  I was really at my wits' end with the laptop - it's so old and it's a monumental effort to get some of the keys to type.  Definitely time for something new.  Plus I couldn't resist the 27" screen!

A quick stop at Costco for gas and a few supplies from Trader Joe's and it was home where Sophia prepared caprese toasts for all of us as our afternoon snack.


Steak and chips (french fries) for dinner at Sophia's request and then I'm sure we'll be spending the evening in the office as that's where the only TV is located.  The circuit board for the big TV that goes in the living room is on its way back to us after repair.  Let's hope that was the only problem or a new TV will be the next thing to go on the to-buy list.

And that was our weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! So inspiring and your Christmas ornament organizing is inspirational too- so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible news about Sophia moving home! And more great news about losing 21 pounds...wow! Congratulations! Also, your crate organization is impressive!

    ReplyDelete