Thursday, February 29, 2024

Monthly Musings - February 2024

It's the last Thursday of the month and that means it's time for Monthly Musings.  I'm joining Patty and Holly for how we are surviving the winter months (I had to remind myself that winter = December 21, 2023 to March 20, 2024).

1.  What do you do in the winter that brings you joy?  Stay home, stay warm, stay cozy.


A cozy fleece jacket is a firm favorite.

2.  How do you stay warm and cozy?  Wool sweaters, fleece, flannel, fluffy blankets, snuggling with Malone.

3.  What are you looking forward to this winter?  All of the above.

4.  Favorite wintertime activities?  Stay home, stay warm, stay cozy.  There's a pattern here!

5.  Favorite months of winter?  All four of them!  December because it's Christmas, January to look forward to the new year ahead, February for all of our family celebrations, March for signs of spring.

6.  Favorite dishes to make in winter?  Soups and stews, cozy CrockPot meals that crock away all day and leave the house smelling divine.

7.  Gas or wood burning fireplace?  Gas, love the look of wood but not the mess!

8.  Favorite winter hot beverage?  Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, no particular favorite although I'm partial to one of Starbucks' holiday drinks in December - chestnut praline latte was my favorite.  I also discovered cranberry orange tea when we went for afternoon tea one weekend.

9.  Favorite winter movies?  I'm probably still watching Hallmark's Christmas movies from the DVR so anything with snow scenes, preferably in some international location.  Norwegian Holiday was our favorite from last year's countdown.

10.  How do you stay healthy in winter?  Stay home, stay warm, stay cozy.  Not a lot of imagination in this month's musings!

9 comments:

  1. Cranberry orange tea sounds delightful! I am with you on many of your answers. I have started to answer the questions but don´t know when I will get mine done. Anyway, I agree with you on so many and I like how you find something to like about each month! Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to remind myself that spring is coming and winter will be over soon, it is not my favourite season. I am all for staying home, warm and cosy. I think the best thing about winter is all the hearty meals, the soups, stews and big roast dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't write a post for this today since we are already in the spring season here in Texas. The tea sounds like a great combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of March as a spring month - probably because I live in Louisiana where March is normally warm. I love soups and chilis in the winter - they really help warm your bones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to remind myself of the actual dates of winter too because sometimes it feels much longer than that! LOL. I am all for staying home, warm, and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cranberry and blood orange tea that we bought in England which I LOVE! And we enjoyed Norwegian Holiday this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun read and I'd like to see the Norwegian Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. December 21 is my least favorite day of the year; I love the short days and long nights, and winter solstice means I lose the long evenings. What can I say? I love hibernating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to all things cozy in winter!

    ReplyDelete