Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 566

 From this Side of the Pond

It's Wednesday, time to join Joyce over at the Hodgepodge.  Copy the graphic and the questions, answer them on your blog, and then link up to the party.

1. What is one cliche you think is nonsense? What's one you think holds truth? 

Opposites attract - not necessarily nonsense but not always true.  Laughter is the best medicine - I love this one!

2. What's the last thing you broke and how did it happen? 

No idea how it happened but I broke a scrapbooking punch - a row of clouds which I used all the time!  I just picked it up off the shelf and it came apart in two pieces.  When I searched our scrapbook company's website, I found quite a few complaints of the same problem.  I contacted customer service and they gave me a credit for the cost of the punch as it isn't available any longer.

3. Are you a fan of s'mores? Have you had a s'more this summer? Last thing you ate that you wanted to ask for 's'more of'?

I love s'mores.  When I got together with a group of girlfriends from our kids' toddler days, we stayed at a cabin that had this in the kitchen along with a basket of all the fixings:


Such a cute idea!

I'm thinking about putting this under the Christmas tree for the three of us to enjoy.


4. A mode of transportation you've never tried? Will you someday? 

Spaceship?  Not likely.

5. Believe it or not, next week's Hodgepodge lands in a brand new month. What's your happiest memory from the month we're bidding adieu?

Having Vic home for the first month of his leave before his official retirement date of 1 October.  We slept late, stayed up late, had endless coffee breaks, shopped, ate out, submitted plans for the new deck, played with Malone, and just enjoyed our time together.  We're doing it all again next month!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Practicing for Paris!  Loving Duolingo.

7 comments:

  1. I love laughter is the best medicine! I think it's very true too our mindset had so much to do with our health. I feel like all the modes of transportation left that I haven't tried are one I don't want to try-- spaceship, helicopter, moped, dog sled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on sticking with Duolingo! I tried it to resurrect my German but I didn´t stick with it for long. Your past month sound so nice with Vic and knowing you get to do it for another month must be a good feeling :). Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you sticking with the Duolingo! When we made s'mores I bought some flat Resees. I'm not sure what they called them, but they're thin. I think maybe they were called thin Resees and they worked really well on the S'mores. I had never seen them before but they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few hodgepodgers mentioned Laughter is the best Medicine. I love to be around people who can laugh. Your month of leisure sounded very nice. Getting ready for Paris sounds like fun, too! Happy Labor Day weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed all but No. 5 sounded wonderful and it brought memories back of hubby’s retirement many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughter is the best medicine! Sorry about your scrapbooking punch. That was a nice menu at the cabin. I love that picture you shared for making s'mores. That is a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete