Wednesday, February 10, 2021

10 on the 10th February 2021

 

Here's a fun meme to put on your calendar for the 10th of each month, hosted by Leslie over at Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After.  I love that she has the whole year's prompts here.


Here we go with February.

How romantic are you?  Very.  I love everything about romance from love at first sight to happily ever afters.  I cry at weddings, births, special occasions, any occasion where I'm proud to know the person being honored or celebrated.  I just love love.  From red roses to diamonds to intimate dinners to just holding hands with the one I love, it's all about romance.

What's the best relationship advice?  Compromise.  If you can sort out your differences while you're developing a relationship with someone, that's wonderful but if you can't, and something causes an incident that you can see just has no positive outcome, compromise.  Agree to disagree and move on.

When did you give your first kiss?  How did you feel about it?  At what age did you begin dating?  Wow, this is going back a LONG time.  It was at a school Christmas party, held in the assembly hall.  It was pretty dark in there and there was a lot of snogging (is that still a term?) going on in corners.  I have no idea where the teachers/chaperones were!  Anyway, everyone was making the rounds, giving Christmas kisses, and I remember my first was with David B.  How did I feel about it?  It was nice.  I really liked him and surprisingly, just recently reconnected with him through another school friend.  My first boyfriend was someone I met at a party, Jimmy H.  His parents owned a fish and chip shop and I can remember going there to help get things set up before they opened up.  I can't remember if we ever really went anywhere, I think I was 15.  He did come over to our house once but since he ended up romancing my best friend, that was the end of that!

What makes a relationship healthy?  Trust, shared values, and laughter.  Vic and I laugh a lot.


This is a perfect example.  I wanted the perfect picture of the two of us with our Starbucks holiday cups.  The sleeves were covering the artwork so I asked Vic to slip them off and as I was lining up the shot, he started to complain that the hot beverage was burning his fingers and then he started to laugh and I started to laugh and it's such a fun memory!

What is your love language?  What is your partner's or best friend's?  I covered mine in this post.  I think Vic's is acts of service or quality time.  I thought I had it written down somewhere but I can't find it.  I'll have to ask him to take the quiz again.

Who is one couple you know that you admire in terms of love?  That would have to be my parents.  They were amazing role models for love.  In later life, my Mum was legally blind, my Dad had COPD, but they soldiered on together, always holding hands.  I don't ever remember my Mum doing things with the girls or Dad with the guys, they were each other's everything and my sister and I were their world.  They lived comfortably, not wealthy, but they were generous with their time and affection.  I miss them dreadfully but have such wonderful memories.


Mum and Dad holding hands at my sister's wedding.

Who is your favorite celebrity or fictional couple?
Anne Elliott and Captain Wentworth from Jane Austen's Persuasion, Marianne Dashwood and Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility, and any of the couples from the movie Love Actually.

Name a flavor or food you love.  A scent you love.  An activity you love doing.  I love Chinese food especially things like Beef and Broccoli in the brown sauce that is a combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, garlic, and whatever else makes it so delicious.  The Chinese restaurant that we frequented when we lived in Virginia made the BEST sauce and I have not been able to find or make anything close to it.  A scent would be my favorite perfume, Red Door by Elizabeth Arden or any of the scents associated with Christmas like pine, cinnamon, sugar cookies, gingerbread.  And an activity would be any family field trip.  Vic, Sophia, and I used to take off all the time for local fairs, festivals, and events.  We haven't done anything special like this for over a year (darn COVID) but I'm looking forward to it again.  Sophia won't always come along as she has her own life now but Vic and I have a lot of exploring still to do.

Do you believe in love at first sight?  Do you think people are made for each other as in soul mates?  Not having experiencing either, I'm not really sure.  I would imagine that such a thing is possible and that the two people are very fortunate to have found each other like this.

In a COVID-free world where money is no object, what would you like to do for Valentine's Day weekend?  Take a trip - a city break to San Francisco would be nice, lots to explore, restaurants to try, sightseeing.  We love to take off and see and do things and a three-day weekend is a great opportunity.

The 10th was also the second Wednesday of the month, the day for Let's Look but since I've already covered Love Languages twice, I'll just put up the graphic if you want to join in next month.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a hopeless romantic too that just loves love. What a sweet photo of your parents together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers!!! These were awesome. This is such a fun thing to do each month. I've really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have you join me!! I have added your blog to my Bloglovin' feed. Great answers. Compromise is so important. It is the win-win for a relationship. Love the photo of your darling parents. My mom is legally blind now and my father had COPD but they were never very lovey dovey. Chinese food...beef and broccoli or for me, cashew chicken, too!! Glad you and Vic laugh so much. We laugh a lot, too. Nothing feels better than being a bit silly and getting the giggles together.

    ReplyDelete