Monday, February 15, 2021

Hello Monday

   

The weather:::
, Snowpocalypse 2021, Winter Storm Uri, dropped over 12 inches of snow on us over the weekend.  Forecast for tomorrow is for rain so I'm sure there will be plenty of melting going on.

On my reading pile:::
Finished up Snobs by Julian Fellowes, it was meh but I stuck it out to the tedious end.  I loved his Belgravia but this one was a disappointment.  I've moved over to re-reading the Sisterchicks series by Robin Jones Gunn starting with Sisterchicks On The Loose, an adventure in Finland.

On my TV:::
Finally finished The Vikings on Amazon Prime - the series that never ends finally ended.  Watched an episode of Bling Empire, good grief, do people really live like that?  How shallow can you be?  Don't really have anything on the watch list right now.  Vic and Sophia watched Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984 on Amazon Prime.

Checked off the list:::
Ginger and Hickory are keeping Sophia busy as they are at two different barns but there is an opening at Ginger's barn on March 1 for Hickory so that will be nice.  Our weekend to celebrate her birthday and my birthday was cancelled due to the weather so we'll have to reschedule for another time.


Ginger and Sophia this weekend

Vic's busy with the assorted paperwork that's involved in transferring from one place to another so that usually means at least three phone calls a day to have me check a date or someone's phone number.  As soon as he gets his flight scheduled, I can start a countdown clock - we're somewhere in the range of 140 days left to go.

Crafts Roundup:::
December Daily 2020 is done!  I'm going to pack up all the December supplies and put them away in a box - they are all over my project desk.  Time to decide on the next project.

And in other news:::
It started snowing on Thursday so most of us took our laptops home that night in case it got worse.  There was a steady snowfall all evening and most walkways, driveways, and roads were snowy although great care, most of us could probably have gotten out.  Why bother though when it's safer to stay home and we're all set up to work at home?  So, with Friday at home, and then snow Saturday and Sunday, it's been a homebound holiday weekend.  We are in a Priority 2 area so it will be 36-72 hours before they plow our neighborhood.  I texted back and forth with my neighbors and we are all of the opinion that there will be no trash pickup tomorrow.  I wasn't in the mood to shovel to get my bins to the curb.  I'll be watching to see what the weather does tomorrow as Tuesday may be another teleworking day at home.  I am not taking the chance of slipping and falling.


10:00am on Saturday


The back patio Sunday afternoon


Chez Nous shot by my neighbor across the street - I am glad that we are at the top of the hill where the neighborhood flattens out a little before it goes to a steep slope down to the lake.  The lakefront houses have very steep driveways and it's going to be a few days before any of them can get their cars out.

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo of your home! That's a lot of snow. I also love the pic of Sophia and Ginger. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the snow- I am already done with it and we probably have 4-6 more weeks of this nonsense here in New England- aahhh!! Liked reading about your recent reads- thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Look at all that snow! I feel like we've had the equivalent amount of rain which isn't as pretty, but also isn't as much of a nuisance. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Look at all that snow! We have a lot of snow too but it did rain today so I'm thinking it's going to be an icy mess by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft way the snow has blanketed the yard and the plants. Just beautiful. And so tranquil. Interested in learning about your next craft project. I am a crafter and I am always looking for new ideas. Trying to finish up a mosaic I started years ago and a wreath I began for Valentine's Day but will finish and keep for next year!!

    ReplyDelete