Monday, February 8, 2021

Hello Monday

  

The weather:::
Cold, very cold with snow in the forecast for the end of the week.  Let's see what comes of that.

On my reading pile:::
It's been a couple of weeks since my last Hello Monday (computer issues, all fixed now) and since then I've finished The Chilbury Ladies Choir by Jennifer Ryan, The Apartment by Fiona Davis, A Blessing to Cherish by Lauraine Snelling, and Moonlight over Paris by Jennifer Robson.  Working my way through Snobs by Julian Fellowes.

On my TV:::
Rewatching The Vikings on Amazon Prime aka the series that never ends.  I thought I was on the last episode, but no, it goes on.

Checked off the list:::
January came and went and here we are in February.  Work is steady, home life is quiet.  Waited sixteen weeks for my new dining room furniture only to find out that the design I ordered had been discontinued.  Got a refund, starting the search all over again.  Sophia turned 27, brought her second horse, Hickory, home, one of the horses from the Girl Scout camp where she volunteered for a couple of summers.  No camps due to COVID so the herd was up for sale.


Vic got his orders, leaving Okinawa in July, reporting to Maryland in August so a month at home.  I'll take a month off work, half telework, half leave, so I can still get my work done but have the afternoons free.  He'll be busy around the house but I'll be around to supervise, lol.  Gathered up all my tax information to send off to the tax lady, hoping for good news.  Any time I don't have to pay the IRS is good news.  Did you know that the IRS is THEIRS?  How have I not known that all these years? 

Crafts Roundup:::
Zero other than a little tidying up.  I just have too many supplies; I have a feeling that if I cull them a little, there will be less choices and I'll actually be able to get on with something.

And in other news:::
Haven't progressed any further along in the Organizational Challenge although I did finally take all the ornaments off the tree and put them away.  I left the tree in the corner for Vic to see if he can fix the section of lights that don't work and the revolving stand that doesn't revolve.

And we said goodbye last week to Christopher Plummer (1929-2021), shown here in his role as Captain Von Trapp from the Sound of Music.

5 comments:

  1. Awe! Christopher Plummer :( The Sound of Music is my all time favorite movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for Sophia with her new horse and also Vic with his month at home. Thanks for all the reading recommendations, and I'm glad you got your computer back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hickory is a gorgeous horse. So will Vic have to go back overseas or will he be stationed stateside for awhile? I'm old enough to have gone to the movie theater to see "Sound of Music" when it was first released. Have watched it dozens of times since, most recently about three weeks ago. Of course, Christopher Plummer's career was much more than that one movie, but he'll always be Captain Von Trapp to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad about Christopher Plummer! I like Julian Fellowes' TV shows better than his books. Have a wonderful week, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so touched that both of my daughters were sad at Christopher Plummer's passing. We all loved Sound of Music. He was so charming and dapper.
    Will you be moving to Maryland to join your husband? I am a former military wife. It is a hard life and my hat goes off to you. We moved so much that now I never want to move again!!

    ReplyDelete