Thursday, February 4, 2021

Monthly Musings for February 2021


I'm a week late and the link is closed but I wanted to put up my Monthly Musings for February.

1.  My primary love language is receiving gifts.  According to 5LoveLanguages.com, this shouldn't be mistaken for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift.  If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you.
I'd have to say that I show love by giving gifts.  I love to find the perfect gift for someone; I listen for hints to find out what the person enjoys, what they would really be surprised to receive.  There is nothing I love more than to hear someone say "How did you know?" or "It's just what I wanted" when they open a gift from me.

2.  We don't really have any fun Valentine traditions.  It's probably been five years since we have been together on Valentine's Day.  I can see a romantic afternoon tea with lots of heart-shaped food, a beautiful tablescape, a cozy time for just the two of us.

3.  My favorite Valentine's memory is our first Valentine's Day (1993).  We were apart, (my, that turned into a pattern), but I knew that it would only be a few days before we would be together again.  I had a professional photo taken to give to Vic when he returned from his trip to a neighboring island.  I made this photo to send to him ten years later as a memento of the events of that day.


4.  Favorite Valentine's treat?  Godiva, anything from Godiva.

5.  Valentine's Day fashions?  I have a few red, lacy things that I usually bring out on Valentine's Day!

6.  I love Valentine's Day - we're not always in the same place but it's a day for a special phone call when possible and sending cards.

7.  Most romantic song?  I love "The Closer I Get to You" by Roberta Flack.

8.  Dine out, take out or cook in this Valentine's Day?  Sophia will be here for the weekend so I'm sure it will be take out.

9.  Pink or red?  Red roses and all things red are my favorite.

10.  Flowers or chocolates?  Both!

Here's my tiered server all decorated for February.  We have two birthdays - Sophia's and mine and our wedding anniversary in February so there are a few touches for those occasions.  Those are the bells and a dove from our wedding cake tucked into the pink mug on the bottom tier and our wedding photo is on the middle tier.  To the left is my Nora Fleming napkin holder with Valentine napkins and a three-heart mini decoration.

3 comments:

  1. I just love the superimposed photo, and your tier tray is so nice! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine's Day is not generally my favorite holiday, but I loved these questions, and trying to figure out my answers. :)

    ReplyDelete