Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Currently - February 2021

 

Joining in with Anne In Residence for this month's Currently.

loving // news from Vic - his orders are in and he's coming home in July.  We were pretty sure it was going to happen but seeing it in black and white is wonderful!

reading // anything by Jennifer Robson.  I loved The Gown and her Great War series is excellent too.  I just wish the first book in the series was available as an audiobook.

remembering // our house-buying process.  This time two years ago, I was in the midst of gathering all the documents needed by the mortgage company and dealing with the home inspection.  It was a relatively smooth process but a busy time.  

sharing // my joy at being back on my blog.  Ugh, ten days without my computer, talk about major withdrawal.  Very thankful that it just needed a good clean-up and that there was nothing major wrong with it.  I'm not quite ready for an investment in a new one.

wishlisting // things for our new kitchen.  There are so many kitchen cabinet and countertop options and lots of fun accessories for cabinet and drawer organzation.  I doubt whether our local home show will take place this year (it was cancelled last year due to COVID-19 and looks like this year is a no-go as well) so I'm relying on Pinterest and kitchen design sites and brochures for ideas.  Here are a few things I'm looking at.


Mixer lift - stores your Kitchen Aid out of site but brings it up to counter level when you need it - Vic added a handle to the front of the shelf so it was easy to lift and then retract


Some sort of pots and pans organizer


A counter-depth fridge in this style - doors that open from the center with the freezer drawer below


This great drawer for tall things - cookie sheets, tall boxes of storage bags, pizza pans, etc.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on Vic's homecoming and glad you are back blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really neat kitchen options! I had the hardest time picking out any of those types of details since I wanted them ALL and our house (though rather large) just was not big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear about Vic's orders and your computer too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so excited for you all at the news of Vic coming home. Time to start the countdown! I love that mixer shelf. To tell you the truth, I've reached a stage in life when I wish all of my lower cabinets could be drawers. I'm starting to have arthritis in my hands and it can be a challenge to pull heavy items out of the back of a lower cabinet. There are so many great kitchen options out there, I'm eager to see what you choose.
    Also, I can't believe it's already been two years since you moved to WA... where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back to blogging!!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drawer for tall things is brilliant! As is the mixer lift. I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid but never bought one because I wouldn't be able to tolerate it on the counter but all the pulling out and putting away. If only I had known.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to have concrete news of a homecoming! And oooh I am such a sucker for cool kitchen organization things. My favorite by far is a wood insert in the spice drawer to organize it, but that mixer lifter is just genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mixer lift is amazing! I have never seen that before but now I want it! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for your husband coming home!!! Also have you read Jennifer Robson's newest book? It just came out recently.

    I'm belatedly catching up on my "currently" reading :)

    ReplyDelete