Monday, November 15, 2021

Around Here

   

The weather:::
It has rained ALL weekend.  I love to fall asleep or wake up to the sound of the rain but I'm not so crazy about being out in it.  I ran to Costco in what I thought was a break in the rain but ended up getting soaked running back to my car!


On my reading pile:::.
Jackie and Maria by Gill Paul, such a great read.

On my TV:::
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's premieres on Countdown to Christmas 2021 on Hallmark and The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.

Checked off the list:::
I met with our kitchen designer and paid for the cabinets, countertops, and the installation.  Delivery time on the cabinets is 20 to 22 weeks but that's no surprise.  At least our order is finally in.

Crafts Roundup:::
I need one laser border embellishment strip to complete the 2012 Family Album, yay!  I think I'm going to take a short break from family and work on Sophia's freshman year album.

And in other news:::
Busy week at work last week and I'm sure it's more of the same this week.  I am taking Friday off for a three day scrapbook event (12:30 to 5:30pm each day).  The big craft fair that was scheduled for November 19-20-21 has been cancelled for the second year.  So disappointing.

Here's a few from this week's camera roll.


@the_elf ready to take on Instagram


The Advent calendar for the person in your life who prefers savory over sweet


Amazing Happy Mail from my scrapbook friend who hosted our retreat last weekend - the paper pack underneath all those goodies was my raffle prize but she put in all the extras.  I love the Wonder Woman case, it holds the tape runner boxes perfectly.


Love this Papyrus card but it's a bit steep at $8.50.  I think I might try to recreate it.

3 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your scrapbook weekend. I have only been doing online events lately. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Papyrus card too. Aren't greeting card prices outrageous now? I mainly buy mine at TJ Maxx and Trader Joe's now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been blown away by the cute Christmas cards at the Dollar Tree. Not just simple cards but handmade looking, dimensional. I would like to buy a dozen and make them our official Christmas card for the year.
    Shame the big craft fair was cancelled. My sister and I used to love to go to a scrapbook retreat mid-way between her house in southwest Texas and mine in west Texas. Hoping the world is soon back to normal and we can meet up again.

    ReplyDelete