Tuesday, November 16, 2021

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #144

 

Sunday saw the annual National Service of Remembrance at the Cenotaph in London.  The Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge and the Countess of Wessex are shown here on the balcony of the Foreign Office.


Princes Charles, William, and Edward are shown here getting ready to lay their wreaths.


More than 700 Armed Forces personnel and over 10,000 veterans took part in today's service.  My favorite Royal fashion blog, What Kate Wore, has extensive coverage, many photos of the day, a few of which I have copied here.  I encourage you to pop over to the post and take a look.

Two of the photos that really spoke to my heart are these, the Chelsea Pensioners...


and veterans of more recent conflicts.


Sadly, the Queen was not able to be present, suffering from a sprained back.  To echo the sentiment of a commenter on the What Kate Wore post "I admit I am quite worried about the Queen".

3 comments:

  1. Kate is so stunning and regal! Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it was not a good sign that the queen was not able to attend. My British friend and I were noticing that the rest of the royal family's faces seemed especially worried and stressed, even at such a somber event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm concerned for her too. It seems she's had one medical event after another since Phillip died. Plus, the stress that some of her family members are causing... it's a lot for an elderly woman to handle.

    ReplyDelete