Saturday, July 6, 2024

Christmas in July - Day Six

 

Sharing a few of my favorite ornaments on Saturdays and Sundays.  We've done a lot of traveling in the 30 years of our Navy adventure and I thought I'd pick a favorite ornament from each of our duty stations and travels across the USA.

First up, Florida.

Vic was a junior enlisted sailor when we lived in Florida (Jacksonville 1994-1999) and served aboard USS DE WERT (FFG 45) as his first sea tour.  I bought this ornament at the annual Christmas Arts & Crafts Show at the Morocco Shrine Auditorium.  Sophia and I made it a holiday event every year, browsing through the displays and stopping for a hot dog in the snack area.  I have so many decorations from the shows in the years we lived there.  The sailors are hand-painted on the front of this ornament and the artist kindly personalized the back.

6 comments:

  1. What a neat ornament! I love personalized and themed ornaments so much. How cool that you have ornaments from your various travels and places you´ve lived. I love the stories behind the ornaments. Do you keep this ornament up year round (it looks like it is on a stand?)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I photographed the round ball ornaments for my inventory, so it was just on the stand temporarily.

      Delete
  2. First one is so cute. Lots of memories you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique and very special ornament! It is wonderful that you have so many from your Navy adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is the best ornament! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh what a beautiful ornament. Love the marines that are hand-painted

    ReplyDelete