New feature for Fridays - the week got away with me and it's going to be a busy weekend so I wanted to put up a quick post. Click on the button above if you want to join in.
1. Sophia is home! Yippee! She made the drive herself this time and it was fine. Yes, she's 21 and I shouldn't be worried about her driving - I'm not, honestly, it's the other people on the road I worry about! She had company in the form of one of her dormmates who lives nearby but apparently, he slept most of the trip so it was like being on her own. There were lots of hugs and kisses for MudLynn and then she plopped down to enjoy some of Mom's home cooking, even if it was leftovers.
2. Finally returning to the dentist yesterday. For those of you who know me well, you know that I have a morbid fear of the dentist - always have, always will - but it was time (it's been too long). The hygienist and dentist were amazing and work really well with cowards like me. Overall report was not too bad after such a long absence but there's one spot that an endodontist needs to check out for a possible root canal. Not the result of my long absence, more an issue with a tooth that's had a lot of work and has probably had enough!
3. Ran around gathering the documents Sophia needed to apply for an apartment. She would like to move out of the dorm and into her own place next year. Residence hall living has been fine but the dining hall experience has been a challenge and she would really like to have a kitchen of her own. She found the perfect place - great location, everything she wants - and when an ad came up on Zillow, she jumped on it.
4. I'm back on the Whole 30 clean eating - been having a lot of aches and pains lately that completely disappeared when we were on the Whole 30 last fall. There is a direct link between what you eat and inflammation and I can swear to it. Looking forward to sleeping better, having more energy, losing the aches and pains, and some pounds as well.
5. Along with the Whole 30, I took out a 30 day trial membership at the gym down the street and I'm off for a consultation this afternoon. If I like it (ie. if everyone else in the gym is NOT a size 2), I'll get a membership for Vic and I so we can work out together.
And that's my 5 on Friday - have a great weekend!