Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rudolph Day


What's Rudolph Day? Here is the definition according to Organized Christmas:
A few years ago, members of our Christmas community began to observe "Rudolph Day" on the 25th of each month.
On that day, we take a few moments to plan some simple tasks for the month ahead, in order to get ready for Christmas Day with plenty of time to spare. By starting early--and working a bit at a time on each month's Rudolph Day--it's easy to prepare for Christmas, save money on gifts, and cut holiday stress.
Those who know me well know that I love Christmas! I love everything about it and I start planning months in advance.  In the past few years, I've really benefited from having a more organized plan.  It's been a while since I have participated in a Rudolph Day (2012) and there used to be several sites that I read regularly but some are no longer active.  I have also found several different approaches to themes for each month so I think I'll follow along with Organized Christmas because their blog is awesome, but I'll have a sub-theme in certain months which has been taken from some of the other lists I've read.  This will be a work in progress as I tweak what works best.

Here's the annual line-up with the sub-theme in parentheses:

January - Tie Up Loose Ends (gather ideas and organize your Christmas notebook)
February - Begin a Holiday Letter
March - Birthday Gift-Buying Strategy (party planning for the holiday season)
April - Plan Holiday Crafts 
May - Catalog Shopping Tips
June - Recipe Round Up
July - Choose a Holiday Plan (Christmas in July celebration)
August - Craft Control (thinking ahead to Elf on the Shelf)
September - Prepare for Holiday Gifts and Giving
October - Plan Holiday Meals
Novemeber - Write Holiday Letter

The bottom line is...prepare for Christmas by doing something every month and make the 25th of each month a Rudolph Day by doing something Christmasy!

If you want some great ideas and great conversation, check out the Magical Holiday Home Forums and scroll down to Special Days --> Rudolph Day.  I'll have a wrap-up of the day's activities on Thursday.

2 comments: